Antony compliments DRDO for successful test of Shourya MissileNovember 12th, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 12 (ANI): Defence Minister A. K. Antony on Wednesday congratulated the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on the launch of the surface-to-surface missile Shourya.
Antony said in his message that the successful test-firing of the new state-of-the-art canisterised missile marks another milestone in the countrys missile programme.
Earlier today the missile system with a range of 600 kilometres was flight-tested from the Interim Test Range (ITR) at Balasore in Orissa at 11:25 a.m. This developmental flight trial of Shourya missile system is a part of ongoing technology development work undertaken by DRDO.
The Missile system has a unique feature of simplicity of operation and maintenance.
The canisterised missile system can be easily handled, transported and stored within the canister for longer shelf life.
The high maneuverability of the missile makes it less vulnerable to available anti missile defence systems. (ANI)
- India test-fires n-capable 'Shourya' missile - Sep 24, 2011
- Shourya missile system successfully test fired - Nov 12, 2008
- Prithvi-II, Dhanush missiles test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
- India test-fires medium range Akash missile - May 24, 2012
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni II - Sep 30, 2011
- India test fires n-capable Prithvi-II missile - Sep 26, 2011
- New supersonic missile 'Shourya' test-fired - Nov 12, 2008
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- New version of BrahMos missile tested - Mar 28, 2012
- India successfully test-fires n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi II missile - Jun 09, 2011
- Agni-I missile test-fired off Orissa coast - Nov 25, 2010
- India successfully tests Prithvi-II missile (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Dhanush missile test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: antony, balasore, defence minister, defence research, defence systems, development organisation, drdo, interim test range, itr, kilometres, launch, maneuverability, milestone, missile defence, missile system, ongoing technology, orissa, shelf life, surface to surface missile, technology development