Ansari welcomes investment by Kuwait in petroleum sectorApril 7th, 2009 - 8:25 pm ICT by ANI
By Lokendra Singh
Kuwait City, Apr 7 (ANI): Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, who is on a three-day visit to Kuwait, addressed the members of Chamber of Commerce here on Tuesday.
Foreign direct investment in petroleum and fertilizer sector from Kuwait formed the core of discussions in the meeting.
Assuring the safety of all sorts of investments to be made in India by Kuwait, Ansari promised that if Kuwaiti companies invest in fertilizer sector, then India can buy their produce within the nation itself.
The Kuwaiti ministers took Ansari’s proposal positively and revealed that a delegation from Kuwait would soon visit India to do a feasibility study.
Ansari, who is representing India in its first high-profile visit to Kuwait in nearly three decades, on Monday had asked for support of Kuwait in forging a common, comprehensive approach to deal with terrorism.
He also favoured greater cooperation with the oil-rich Gulf country, especially in the field of science and technology and education. (ANI)
- With economy on mind, Ansari to visit Kuwait - Apr 05, 2009
- Krishna leaves for Kuwait - Feb 25, 2011
- Krishna heads to Kuwait Friday - Feb 24, 2011
- India for more anti-terror cooperation with Gulf - Apr 06, 2009
- Hamid Ansari seeks Kuwait's help to tackle terrorism - Apr 06, 2009
- Recession-hit India to tap Kuwait for investment - Apr 02, 2009
- India seeks Kuwaiti funds in infrastructure, signs three pacts (Lead) - Apr 07, 2009
- Krishna heads to Kuwait; Indo-Arab conclave in Delhi - Feb 01, 2010
- Krishna calls on Kuwait's Deputy Prime Minister - Feb 26, 2011
- A microcosm of India in the heart of oil-rich Kuwait - Apr 07, 2009
- India to draw up action plan to boost trade with Kuwait - Mar 06, 2011
- India joins the race to clean up Gulf War oil spills - Apr 08, 2009
- Vice President Ansari concludes Kuwait visit - Apr 08, 2009
- India seeks Kuwaiti funds, signs three pacts - Apr 07, 2009
- India, Bahrain sign tax, IT pacts - May 31, 2012
Tags: all sorts, chamber of commerce, cooperation, delegation, education, feasibility study, fertilizer, foreign direct investment, India, investments, kuwait city, mohammad hamid ansari, petroleum sector, president mohammad, profile visit, proposal, science and technology, terrorism, three decades, vice president