Ansari, Chatterjee congratulate Slumdog Millionaire teamsFebruary 24th, 2009 - 4:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 24 (ANI): Rajya Sabha chairman Hamid Ansari and Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee today congratulated the Slumdog Millionaire team for winning eight Oscars, including three Oscars to Indians A R Rahman, Gulzar and Rasul Pookutty.
“I would like to felicitate the three Indians who have won the Oscars,” Ansari said.
In the Lok Sabha, Chatterjee made a statement congratulating the awardees and the entire teams of ”Slumdog” and ”Smile Pinki”.
“My congratulations to all those artistes, who made Slumdog Millionaire and Smile Pinky emerge as the best film and best documentary respectively,” he said
“It is a matter of immense pride for us that ”Slumdog Millionaire” has won eight Oscars,” Chatterjee added.
“India is proud for their achievement and it is clear acknowledgment by the international community of the high degree of excellence achieved by Indian artistes,” he said.
He said that he was confident that these achievements would inspire the talented youth of the nation to realise its infinite potential and prove its mettle globally.
The music maestro Rahman shared the award for ”Best Original Song” with acclaimed lyricist Gulzar.
Kerala-born sound engineer Resul Pookutty bagged an Oscar for ”Best Sound Mixing” in ”Slumdog”.
””Slumdog Millionaire”” is a movie about a young man looking for love and competing for money on the Indian version of the television game show ””Who Wants to be a Millionaire””. (ANI)
- Lok Sabha hails Oscar success of 'Slumdog','Smile Pinki' - Feb 24, 2009
- Somnath Chatterjee congratulates Indian Oscar winners - Feb 23, 2009
- PM congratulates 'Slumdog Millionaire' and 'Smile Pinki' teams (Lead) - Feb 23, 2009
- President, PM congratulate ''Slumdog Millionaire'' team - Feb 23, 2009
- 'Resul, Rahman, Gulzar trinity of Indian Cinema' - May 14, 2010
- Rahman got one Oscar and then the other one was a bonus: Gulzar - Mar 02, 2011
- Leaders shower praise on Rahman, Pookutty for Oscar glory (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2009
- No plans to direct a film: Pookutty - Jul 01, 2010
- Pookutty, Rahman autobiographies coming out this year - May 10, 2010
- Indian winners at the Oscars over the years - Feb 23, 2009
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' worst film I have seen, says Karnad - Feb 08, 2010
- Pookutty announces three scholarships for film students - Jun 17, 2011
- Resul Pookutty, Boman Irani plan workshops at film festival - Nov 15, 2010
- President, PM congratulate Rahman, Pookutty - Feb 23, 2009
- India's Oscar triumph will draw global attention to our cinema: Javed Akhtar - Feb 23, 2009
Tags: best documentary, best original song, degree of excellence, game show who wants to be a millionaire, gulzar, hamid ansari, immense pride, indian artistes, infinite potential, Lok Sabha, mettle, music maestro, rajya sabha, rasul, somnath, sound engineer, talented youth, television game, who wants to be a millionaire, youth of the nation