Ansari calls for practical solutions to problems of minoritiesJanuary 20th, 2009 - 7:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 20 (ANI): Vice President Mohammed Hamid Ansari has called for practical solutions to solve the problems of the minorities.
Vice President Ansari was delivering the inaugural address at the Annual Conference of State Minorities Commissions in New Delhi on Tuesday.
The Vice President emphasized on the promotion of minority rights to strengthen the friendship and cooperation among peoples and States.
Ansari said, Deprivation still exists in Minorities, despite given equal rights under law and this has impacted on the overall progress of the country.
The policies and programmes initiated in the wake of the Sachar Report are indicative of the corrective action under way and the key to success lies in close monitoring of the implementation at ground level, he said.
Ansari also reminded the contribution of minorities in the political and social stability of States in which they live.
Human Resource Development Minister Arjun Singh, who was also present during the occasion, said, madrassa students will be eligible for the government jobs on an equal footing as students passing the CBSE and Council of Board of School Education in India.
A strong nation cannot be built unless all segments of society are treated at par and have access to education at all levels, he said. (ANI)
- Arjun Singh for Central Madrassa Board - Jan 20, 2009
- Government recognition a silver lining for Bengal's madrassas? - Apr 23, 2012
- Adopt Andhra model of reservations: Muslim leaders - Dec 19, 2011
- Girls sweep Bihar madrassa board results - Jun 02, 2011
- Hamid Ansari: Seasoned diplomat and scholar, respected leader (Profile) - Jul 14, 2012
- Bihar to bring IT to madrassas - Jun 26, 2012
- Wrong to say madrassas hub of terrorism: Author - Aug 12, 2011
- India is a land whose diversity includes religious minorities: Vice President - Jan 20, 2009
- Hamid Ansari calls for more funds for State Universities to improve higher education - Dec 20, 2010
- Rajasthan has a plan for minorities - Sep 09, 2012
- Hamid Ansari stresses on quality education - Nov 11, 2010
- State universities need more funds: Ansari - Dec 21, 2010
- 'Reservation under RTE Act aimed at social inclusion' - Aug 07, 2012
- Jamia honours Ambassador of Saudi Arabia (With Images) - Jul 20, 2011
- Ansari re-elected vice president with wide margin (Intro Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: arjun singh, cbse, commissions, corrective action, development minister, education in india, equal footing, government jobs, hamid ansari, human resource development, inaugural address, minorities, minority rights, mohammed, New Delhi, practical solutions, school education, segments, social stability, vice president