Another Swami creates scene in the police stationMay 18th, 2008 - 12:21 am ICT by admin
By Juhan Samuel
Kochi, May 17 (ANI): Aluva town police station near here on Saturday witnessed an unusual scene as the Swami Himaval Maheswara Bhadrananda threatening to commit suicide, fired two shots from his pistol, injuring himself and a police official before being overpowered by the police.
Himaval reportedly called up the reporter of a local television channel and threatened to commit suicide, as his reputation had been “tarnished” by the media and the police.
Police, on being alerted by the reporter, rushed to Himaval’s rented house at Aluva, and found him sitting with a loaded pistol pointing at his temple and his finger on the trigger.
As the police was trying to push out reporters and television camerapersons from the scene, Himaval fired two shots, injuring himself and Aluva CI Babu Kumar.
Swami Bhadrananda famous as Ernakulam Swami had been arrested and let off on bail by Kochi police only yesterday on charges of trespassing into Mangalam daily office and threatening journalists.
The complaint filed by daily’s Kochi unit manager R Rajiv states that raged by a report being published by the daily on fraud swamis, Bhadranandaji came with his assistant to the office on May 13 and threatened news editor Rajesh Mulakulam and chief reporter Stephan Areekara that he would not spare even a single journalist who tried to malign him.
Another high profile ‘godman’ Swami Amritachaitanya alias Santosh Madhavan had been arrested by the State Police on May 13 on charges of rape of minor girls, making of pornographic films and cheating a Dubai-based Keralite businesswoman Serafin Edwin of Rs 40 lakh (ANI)
- Swami's pistol goes off in police station, injuring him - May 17, 2008
- Two Kerala police men suspended for shooting by swami - May 19, 2008
- Kerala plans to probe godmen's wealth - May 22, 2008
- Of fake godmen, politics and society in Kerala - May 19, 2008
- Controversial godman Madhavan sent to police custody - Jun 13, 2008
- Three Indian journalists killed: watchdog - Jun 14, 2011
- Three Indian journalists killed in six months (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Kerala Police, CBI in stand-off - Apr 23, 2012
- Maudany's wife charged in bus burning case - Dec 17, 2010
- Kerala police question independent church leader - May 26, 2008
- Assam's night of shame: A channel head recalls (Special) - Jul 14, 2012
- Kerala to rein in 'godmen', probe their wealth - May 24, 2008
- Questions raised over media's role in Guwahati molestation - Jul 15, 2012
- Kerala keen on Sreedharan for Kochi Metro - Jan 03, 2012
- Mumbai businessman held after suicide threat drama - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: businesswoman, chief reporter, finger on the trigger, high profile, kochi, minor girls, news editor, pistol, police official, police police, police station, pornographic films, rajiv, rs 40, serafin, state police, swami, television channel, town police, two shots