Annual Finance Summit organised by IMI focuses on new age financial productsAugust 1st, 2008 - 11:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, August 1 (ANI/Business Wire India): International Management Institute presents the Annual Financial Summit - Prahelika 2008.
Based on the overwhelming response to summit last year, the duration has been extended from one day to two days. The summit is scheduled on 2nd and 3rd August 2008 at IMI campus in New Delhi.
The underlying theme of the summit is - “New Age Financial Products”. The summit will witness three key sessions as well as a paper presentation competition on the last day of the summit. The summit focuses on three broad topics:
– Debt Products and Evolution of Debt Markets in India
– Securitization as a vehicle of packaging cash flows
– Exotic Derivative Products and their fallout
Dr. T.C. Nair, Whole Time Director, SEBI, Dr. P.K. Choudhury, Vice Chairman and Group CEO, ICRA , Dr. Subir Gokarn, Chief Economist, S&P along with other eminent people from the industry will address and provide an insight in the field of contemporary finance.
With the recent upheaval in the global markets, opportunities for new financial products have been created which can revolutionise the way the business is done.
This summit has been designed with the aim to let the young minds direct their ideas and thoughts towards creating new platforms for a more evolved market.
Talking more about the summit Dr. Himadri Das, Dean at IMI said, “A chaos in the market usually paves way for a new financial world and to lead the market we will require skilled manpower with their fingers on the market pulse. The summit provides a platform for the vital industry-academia interface to prepare the current generation for skill requirements for the new phase of the financial world.”
The presentation competition held during the summit last year saw over 150 entries from all the eminent Management Schools including IIMs, XLRI, IIFT, FMS, MDI, and JBIMS.
The summit witnessed thoughts from eminent speakers including Prof. Bibek Debroy and Dr. T.C.A. Srinivas Raghvan.
- ICRA opens shop in Sri Lanka - May 17, 2011
- ICRA to offer rating services in Indonesia - Sep 21, 2010
- India's foreign trade institute to set up shop in Uganda - Sep 18, 2011
- I'm translating Mahabharata for young English-speaking readers: Bibek Debroy - Jul 01, 2012
- 'No immediate impact of Japanese tsunami on Indian auto sector' - Mar 28, 2011
- How much do the corrupt earn? (To go with: Corruption has 'taken over India' but can be eliminated: Book) - Dec 09, 2011
- Blacklisted Israel Military Industries moves Delhi High Court - May 06, 2012
- African delegation visits India for trade institute - Oct 19, 2011
- RTI can check corruption: Experts - Oct 16, 2011
- Global economic situation, status of world recovery to be reviewed at G-20 Summit in Seoul, says Rao - Nov 09, 2010
- MTV And Comedy Central Pronounce 'The Comedy Awards' To Honor Worthy Comedians - Jan 11, 2011
- Political, institutional reform can make India a superpower: Sibal - Apr 24, 2011
- XLRI to open its new campus by 2014-end - Aug 11, 2012
- Sonata to set up offshore centre for US firm - Jul 31, 2012
- Move to strengthen regulations for credit rating agencies - Jan 27, 2010
Tags: 3rd august, chief economist, debt markets, debt products, derivative products, eminent management, eminent speakers, financial summit, group ceo, himadri, india international, international management institute, management schools, market pulse, paper presentation, presentation competition, skill requirements, skilled manpower, summit dr, xlri