Anil Ambani withdraws defamation case against brother MukeshJune 8th, 2010 - 5:58 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 8 (ANI): Reliance Natural Resources Limited (RNRL) chief Anil Ambani on Tuesday withdrew a Rs 10,000 crore defamation case against elder brother and Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) chief Mukesh Ambani in the Bombay High Court.
Anil had alleged that Mukesh had defamed him in an interview to New York Times on June 15, 2008.
The defamation suit was filed by Anil Ambani in September 2008 shortly after Mukesh’s RIL put a spoke in his attempts to acquire South African telecom giant MTN that year.
The move to withdraw the case signals a thaw in Ambani brothers’ relationship. (ANI)
- KG Basin row: SC says government is owner of gas - May 07, 2010
- Murli Deora welcomes Supreme Court's verdict on Krishna Godavari Basin Gas dispute - May 07, 2010
- KG basin gas row: SC to deliver verdict today - May 07, 2010
- RNRL signs new gas pact with RIL; Stocks move up (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Supreme Court to hear Ambani case again - Nov 05, 2009
- RNRL signs gas pact with RIL - Jun 25, 2010
- Reliance Industries to supply natural gas to ADAG plants: Mukesh Ambani - Jun 18, 2010
- 'Anil Ambani entitled to earlier rights in RIL if de-merger fails' - Nov 25, 2009
- Anil Ambani makes a surprise appearance at Supreme Court - Nov 24, 2009
- Krishna-Godavari gas not for Dadri alone: RNRL - Dec 03, 2009
- 'Anil Ambani entitled to earlier rights in RIL if de-merger fails' (Lead) - Nov 25, 2009
- RNRL chief Anil Ambani meets Prime Minister - May 12, 2010
- Reliance Industries bound to supply gas to us: Anil Ambani firm - Sep 09, 2009
- SC asks Ambanis to settle gas row through 'suitable arrangement' - Oct 21, 2009
- Gas price hiked to suit Reliance Industries: CPI-M (Lead) - May 21, 2010
Tags: african telecom, ambani brothers, anil ambani, attempts, bombay high court, defamation case, defamation suit, elder brother, mtn, mukesh ambani, mumbai, natural resources, new york times, relationship, reliance industries, reliance industries limited ril, thaw