Anand Sharma to inaugurate India-Asean Business Fair tomorrowMarch 1st, 2011 - 8:10 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 1 (ANI): Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma will inaugurate the two-day India-ASEAN Business Fair and Business Conclave 2011 here on Wednesday.
The Trade and Industry Ministers from ten ASEAN Countries including Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam will deliver special address on the occasion.
The conclave is being jointly organised by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
The focus sectors of display and interest of businesses during the fair are banking, tourism, automotive, construction, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, chemicals, light engineering, electrical equipments, aluminium and stainless steel, training, health products, infrastructure, transportation logistic services, shipbuilding and repairs, jewellery, garments and food processing.
Over 500 businesses from India and ASEAN countries would be participating in India-ASEAN Business Fair and Business Conclave.
Indian majors like Tata Motors, BHEL, IRCON, APTECH, WAPCOS are also showcasing their product lines. The main sectors of cooperation between India and ASEAN are: Agriculture and Food Processing, Infrastructure, Tourism, Automotive, Education, Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, IT, amongst others. (ANI)
- India, ASEAN commerce ministers meet in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- Thailand seeks Indian investments - Jan 25, 2012
- Free trade with Asean to open up bigger prospects - May 15, 2011
- India, Asean to ink economic pact by year-end: Anand Sharma - Mar 02, 2011
- India, Asean trade to reach $70 bn in 3 years - Feb 22, 2011
- The sky is the limit for ASEAN-India cooperation (Comment) - Oct 27, 2010
- Patil urges captains of industry to enhance modest India-Laotian trade ties - Sep 13, 2010
- India-ASEAN CEPA by 2011 end, says Anand Sharma - Mar 02, 2011
- India proposes $100 mn line of credit for Zimbabwe - Jan 10, 2012
- India, Myanmar target to double trade by 2015 - Sep 27, 2011
- Lao leadership looks forward to investments from Indian private sector: Patil - Sep 18, 2010
- Krishna to address Delhi Dialogue III - Mar 03, 2011
- India calls for greater connectivity with ASEAN (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Indian envoy meets Indonesian parliamentary speaker - Jun 12, 2012
- India to speed up trade talks with EU, Japan and Malaysia - Aug 25, 2010
Tags: aptech, asean business, asean countries, automotive education, bhel, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, conclave, electrical equipments, fair tomorrow, indian chambers of commerce, industry minister, industry ministers, ircon, lao pdr, light engineering, logistic services, ministry of commerce, tata motors, wapcos