Anand Sharma expresses optimism for Indian exports to ChinaApril 25th, 2011 - 8:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 25 (ANI): Union Commerce Minister Anand Sharma today expressed optimism that recently unveiled 12th Five Year Plan for 2012-14 of China will give enormous opportunity for Indian exporters to access China’s huge consumer market.
During the meeting Jiang Jufeng, Governor of Sichuan Province of China, Sharma said that Sichuan Province of China is very important from Indian point of view and that there is great potential for cooperation between the two regions.
“India is an important partner to Sichuan Province, in terms of trade, engineering contracting, and service outsourcing cooperation, as well as an emerging investment destination and source,” he added.
The trade deficit for India for 2010 stood at USD 20.02 billion, more than 15.87 billion dollars trade deficit in year 2009 with China, which is an export driven economy.
The Province has annual trade of 1.2 billion dollars with 1.1 billion dollars in exports to India. Exported products mainly included electrical and mechanical equipment, audio and video equipment, textiles, metalware and chemicals.
Imports from India were 98.39 million dollars, including minerals, chemicals and electrical and mechanical products. In January 2011, total volume of import and export between Sichuan and India soared 41.64 per cent over the previous year, to 129 million dollars, including exports of USD 127 million, up 37.2 per cent.
Trade between India and China has witnessed exponential growth in last few years.
China has now emerged one of India’s largest trading partners with trade crossing the target of USD 60 billion during 2010 and expected to reach 100 billion dollars by 2015. (ANI)
- Australia's trade deficit widens - May 08, 2012
- 29.5 percent cumulative export growth in India between April-Dec 2010-11 (Part I) - Feb 25, 2011
- India-Peru to enhance economic cooperation: Anand Sharma - Jan 17, 2011
- India seeks greater Chinese market access to curb trade deficit - Dec 15, 2010
- Need for early conclusion of investment promotion issue with Nigeria: Anand Sharma - Mar 16, 2011
- Government will address exporters' concerns: Sharma - Oct 11, 2011
- Export for 2010-11 registers growth of 37.5 percent: Anand Sharma - Apr 19, 2011
- India's cumulative export growth in April- Dec stands at 29.5 per cent - Feb 25, 2011
- China's exports rise to $173 bn in August - Sep 10, 2011
- Indian exports grow 36.4 per cent in December 2010, highest in 33 months - Jan 08, 2011
- China back to trade surplus (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Export grows 36.4 per cent in December 2010: Commerce Secretary - Jan 08, 2011
- India's exports decline by 4.16 percent in May - Jun 14, 2012
- China important for US farmers: official - Mar 29, 2012
- Mukherjee wants each country to adjust its currency as per market forces - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: 1 billion dollars, 87 billion dollars, commerce minister, driven economy, exponential growth, five year plan, great potential, import and export, indian exporters, indian exports, investment destination, mechanical equipment, mechanical products, metalware, service outsourcing, sichuan province, target, trade deficit, trading partners, video equipment