Amy Winehouse trying to launch goddaughters singing careerSeptember 27th, 2008 - 2:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 27 (ANI): Troubled English singer Amy Winehouse is helping launch the singing career of her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield.
She is so set on helping out the 12-year-old that she even spent money on sending the schoolgirl to LA for two weeks to work with producers on her first EP.
She even begged organisers at the Berkeley Square Ball on September 26 to give the little girl a chance to perform.
She’’s really pushing Dionne to be a big star, the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
Amys manager Ray always supports the Berkeley Square charity bash so she asked organisers if Dionne could perform a couple of numbers.
She has been encouraging her to sing and wants to give her a big break.
Dionne was friends with Pete Doherty, too, but he had scared her off when she asked for advice. Amy has a soft spot for the girl and has gone out of her way to help.
Dionne is really nervous, but Amy has been giving her a pep talk on how to get through the show.”
The young singer has already performed alongside Winehouse at a star-studded party.
The Rehab singer, who had been booked to appear at the Princes Trust End of the Summer Ball in London on September 25 night, surprised the celebrity-packed audience when she marched on stage with Bromfield, and sang with her.
Not only have the two been singing together on stage, they have also recorded a duet earlier in the year.
Their version of Alicia Keys” hit track If I Ain”t Got You was later posted on video sharing website YouTube. (ANI)
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London apartment - Jul 24, 2011
- Amy Winehouse helps pop star goddaughter cut slang from songs - Apr 19, 2011
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- Winehouse obsessed with spaghetti - Apr 22, 2011
- Winehouse's label to launch 13yr-old goddaughter's debut album - Sep 21, 2009
- Sykes, Bromfield together? - Jun 27, 2012
- Posthumous Amy Winehouse album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Winehouse gives away her 11 cats - Feb 12, 2010
- Amy Winehouse "happy without Blake Fielder-Civil" - Nov 28, 2009
- No reunion for Winehouse, Blake - Dec 10, 2009
- Peter Andre keen to sing with Winehouse - Jan 20, 2010
- Winehouse not used to her new look - Feb 04, 2010
- Winehouse makes unsteady TV comeback - Oct 11, 2009
- Peter Andre keen on duet with Amy Winehouse - Jan 19, 2010
Tags: alicia keys, audience, berkeley square, big star, celebrity, charity bash, dionne, english singer, ep, goddaughter, little girl, mirror, pep talk, pete doherty, princes trust, producers, schoolgirl, sept 27, soft spot, video sharing