Amity to offer courses for Ethiopian studentsFebruary 11th, 2009 - 7:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.11 (ANI): Amity University has announced plans to offer students from Ethiopia a wide variety of courses.
The plans reached fruition after a university delegation headed by Chancellor, Atul Chauhan met Ethiopian Prime Minister of Ethiopia Meles Zenawi and that countrys envoy to India, Gennet Zewide, to discuss potential areas of collaboration in the field of education.
The university delegation apprised the Prime Minister of Ethiopia about the initial talks with Ethiopias Education Minister Ato Demeke Mekonnen in Addis Ababa in December 2008.
The bilateral discussions centered on student exchange programs with Ethiopian universities, especially for students pursuing engineering, biotechnology and management-related courses.
A proposal was mooted for establishing an Amity University Campus in Ethiopia with the support of Ethiopian Government.
The following courses have been identified which will be offered by Amity University:
Post Graduate Programs:
i. MBA in International Business.
ii. Masters in Finance and Control.
Under Graduate Programs:
i. Bachelor in Business Administration in French language.
ii. B.Sc in Information Technology.
iii. Bachelor in Finance and Investment Analysis.
Certificate/ Diploma Programs:
i. Certificate/Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma in French Language. (of 3/6/12 months durations respectively)
ii. Certificate/Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology. ( of 3/6/12 months durations respectively)
iii. Diploma in Business Management (six months duration)
Under the Pan- African e- Network Project, Amity University is the only private University delivering the maximum number of educational programs in Africa.
The meeting concluded with the Ethiopian Prime Minister announcing plans for opportunities for students in India as well as Ethiopia. (ANI)
- Ethiopia seeks more India knowhow, capital - May 15, 2012
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- IGNOU centre at Tihar gets quality certificate - Dec 09, 2010
- IGNOU opens admissions to courses on Gandhi - Jun 25, 2012
- Orderly transition in Ethiopia, business ties with India to grow : Envoy (Interview) - Aug 30, 2012
- IGNOU to power India-Africa Virtual University - May 25, 2011
- India gets a peek into Ethiopia's rich culture - Oct 28, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission for paediatric nutrition courses - Aug 16, 2012
- July 30 last date for admission to IGNOU programmes - Jul 24, 2012
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
- IDDCR joins hands with Temple University - Jul 08, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU launches programmes in agriculture - Nov 23, 2010
- Gilani's son graduates - Jun 27, 2011
- IGNOU announces admission for July courses - May 17, 2012
Tags: addis ababa, amity university, bachelor in business administration, bilateral discussions, certificate diploma, diploma in business, diploma in business management, diploma in information technology, diploma programs, education minister, ethiopian government, ethiopian prime minister, ethiopian students, gennet, initial talks, masters in finance, meles zenawi, post graduate diploma, post graduate programs, student exchange programs