American woman found dead in a resort near JodhpurAugust 14th, 2010 - 9:24 pm ICT by ANI
Osian (Jodhpur), Aug 14 (ANI): Cindy Iannarelli, a 52-year-old American woman was found dead on Friday with her throat slit in a resort hotel named Reggie’s Camel Camp near Jodhpur.
Police said injuries on her neck indicated she had been attacked with a sharp weapon.
Police Superintendent Girdhari Lal Sharma said staff at the hotel said an American woman and her son was staying at the resort. The boy went missing in the morning and the woman’s body was found.
Police officers then took a sketch of the boy round Jodhpur. They found him at the airport. His name was given as John Carlo.
“The boy calls the woman his mother,” said Sharma.
Carlo told police that he had fought with his mother on Thursday, as he wanted his parents to be together. Iannarelli and her husband had divorced years ago.
The police have informed the American embassy and Foreign Ministry about the incident and Iannarelli’s post-mortem would be conducted once the officials arrive. (ANI)
- U.S teenager jailed in India for slitting mother's throat - May 04, 2011
- American tourist killed in Jodhpur, 'son' detained - Aug 13, 2010
- Rajasthan minister named in FIR, opposition wants him out - Sep 24, 2011
- Rajasthan minister Ramlal Jat quits - Nov 13, 2011
- Man held for killing lover - Oct 18, 2011
- Rajasthan cops offer reward for clues to missing nurse - Sep 17, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Indian-American shot dead in California - Apr 14, 2012
- Include Rajasthan minister's name in FIR: Court - Sep 23, 2011
- Defence ministry official killed wife after fight over childless state? - Apr 03, 2012
- Man kills girlfriend, attempts suicide - Jun 09, 2011
- Woman lawyer found murdered in Mumbai home - Aug 09, 2012
- Two youths commit suicide in Rajasthan - Jul 14, 2012
- Had Kanda sexually exploited Geetika? - Aug 18, 2012
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012