American couple welcomes identical tripletsOctober 17th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 17 (ANI): An American couple has become proud parents of rare identical triplets.
Desmond and Kerry Lyons, who live in New York, revealed that they feel blessed and are thankful for the bliss.
The couple, who already has two children aged two and four, revealed that the triplets were born through Caesarean.
“We just feel lucky and blessed that we have these three amazing little babies and they”re healthy and, frankly, kinda cute, to boot, which we weren”t expecting,” The Telegraph quoted the proud parents, as saying.
Desmond, a lawyer, admitted that when he learned he and his wife were expecting triplets eight weeks into her pregnancy. At that time he uttered just one word: “Wow.”
Kerry, who works for an Internet advertising firm, said she gained 50 pounds during her 36-week pregnancy.
It is an exceptional birth as twins, triplets and quadruplets have become much more common over the past few decades because of fertility treatments, but identical triplets are still rare.
The three tiny newborn boys emerged from the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center on Tuesday wearing matching blue hats and asleep in a pram. (ANI)
- Trial underway to test whether surgery is best option for type 2 diabetes - Feb 11, 2011
- 'The Couples' Complete Guide to Getting Pregnant' - Jul 01, 2010
- New gene therapy reverses Parkinson's symptoms - Mar 17, 2011
- Bariatric surgery cuts long-term cardiovascular risk in diabetics - Mar 31, 2011
- Gene therapy to brain may treat major depression - Oct 21, 2010
- New technique to help men become fathers post chemotherapy - Mar 15, 2011
- General anesthesia 'puts brain into a state of reversible coma, not sleep' - Dec 30, 2010
- Sunless tanning spray may help heal post-surgery wounds - Jun 01, 2010
- Bulging waist damages sexual, urinary functions - Aug 01, 2012
- Novel test to predict breast cancer metastasis - Mar 28, 2009
- Gene therapy 'helps minimize risk linked to stem cell transplantation' - May 22, 2009
- Here's how Hepatitis C treatment can be significantly improved - Jun 06, 2009
- Passive smoking doing more harm than people may think - Aug 21, 2010
- Surgery may reverse type 2 diabetes in morbidly obese people - Nov 24, 2009
- Why statins work for some people, but not for all - Apr 22, 2010
Tags: advertising firm, american couple, bliss, blue hats, cornell medical center, desmond, fertility treatments, identical triplets, internet advertising, little babies, lyons, newborn boys, newyork, pram, presbyterian hospital, proud parents, quadruplets, week pregnancy, weill cornell medical, weill cornell medical center