Amarnath Yatra suspended after glacier caves inJune 24th, 2008 - 8:00 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar , June 24 (ANI): The Amarnath Yatra was suspended today after a part of a glacier caved in at Sangam.
The shrine route now lies blocked, officials have said.
The glacier caved in at the point where the twin tracks of Pahalgam and Baltal meet, three kilometres ahead of the cave, which is located at a height of 3,880 metre.
Labourers have been engaged to clear the track and a senior engineer of Public Works Department has reached the spot to supervise the operation and restore the link immediately. (ANI)
- Bad weather hampering efforts to clear Amarnath route - May 27, 2012
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- Governor reviews Amarnath pilgrimage facilities - Jul 17, 2012
- Preparations begin for Amarnath pilgrimage - Mar 21, 2012
- Heavy rain disrupts Amarnath pilgrim's movement - Jun 25, 2012
- Annual Hindu pilgrimage of Amarnath to start June 25 - Feb 26, 2012
- Ahead of Amarnath pilgrimage, Kashmir secures routes - Jun 06, 2011
- Weather improves, Amarnath pilgrims allowed towards shrine (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Thousands trek to Amarnath cave for prayers (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- Around 500,000 perform Amarnath Yatra - Jul 16, 2012
- Government, Hindu groups clash over Amarnath yatra - Jun 09, 2011
- Annual Amarnath yatra begins (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Amarnath yatra resumes from Jammu - Jul 30, 2010
- Amarnath Yatra to commence from June 7 - May 13, 2009
- Bad weather halts Amarnath pilgrimage (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011