Amarnath shrine board told about land use for pilgrimsSeptember 26th, 2008 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 25 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government Thursday conveyed to the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) its decision to set aside 40 hectares of forest land for use during the period of the annual Hindu pilgrimage to the Himalayan cave shrine. The decision follows an agreement reached between the four-member panels, each constituted by Governor N.N. Vohra and the Shri Amarnath Yatra Sangarsh Samiti (SAYSS).
According to an official spokesman, in a communication addressed to the chief executive officer (CEO) of the SASB the state government has informed the board of the specific arrangements for use of the 40 hectares of land at Baltal in north Kashmir Ganderbal district.
The spokesman said as per the communication addressed to the CEO of the SASB, the proprietary status/ownership/title of the land shall not undergo any change.
The board shall use the aforesaid land only for the duration of the pilgrimage (including the period of making the required arrangements and winding up of the same) for the purpose of use by each of the various service providers according to its needs and priorities, as determined by the board.
Further, the use of the land shall be only for raising temporary pre-fabricated accommodation and toilet facilities for the pilgrims, establishment of tented accommodation by private camping agencies and setting up of shops by permanent residents of the state.
The spokesman said that the board shall continue to remain responsible for the overall arrangements of the pilgrimage on both the north and south Kashmir routes during, including all arrangements as mandated under the provisions of the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board Act.
- Amarnath pilgrimage registration from May 7 - Apr 21, 2012
- Preparations for 2012 Amarnath pilgrimage begin - Oct 16, 2011
- 100 post offices to register for Amarnath yatra: SASB - Apr 30, 2012
- Governor reviews Amarnath pilgrimage facilities - Jul 17, 2012
- Pilgrims cannot start Amarnath Yatra before June 25 - Jun 23, 2012
- Home ministry reviews situation ahead of Amarnath Yatra - Jun 11, 2012
- Bad weather hampering efforts to clear Amarnath route - May 27, 2012
- Last leg of Amarnath yatra - chhari mubarak leaves Srinagar - Aug 08, 2011
- Preparations for Amarnath pilgrimage begin - May 01, 2011
- Differences sharpen between Amarnath board, religious groups - May 12, 2012
- Next year, fitness must for Amarnath pilgrims - Oct 22, 2011
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- Amarnath yatra dates decided on religious calendar, says shrine board (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Amarnath Yatra ends peacefully - Aug 13, 2011
- Now, a diet chart for Amarnath pilgrims - Jan 07, 2012