Amarnath Shrine board to revise dates of pilgrimageJune 13th, 2009 - 11:43 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, June 13 (ANI): Following bad weather conditions, the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) is compelled to revised the dates of the annual pilgrimage along the traditional Pahalgam route, but its schedule via Baltal route will remain unchanged.
According to the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB), due to continuous rain and snowfall at several points on the Pahalgam-Chandanwari route, it was not possible to open the Yatra along this trek till the weather improves, however the pilgrimage will take off from Jammu on scheduled date (June 15) via Baltal route.
A number of engineers have been positioned at the Baltal Base Camp and the sacred cave to monitor the situation. The pilgrims registered since June 7 for the Pahalgam route shall not be permitted to undertake the journey on the Baltal route, spokesman of SASB said here on Saturday.
Pilgrims would have to register a fresh if they want to go via Baltal trek. But If they wish to take the Pahalgam-Chandanwari route, they would need to register afresh for a new date convenient to them after the board will announce the opening of the traditional route.
The SASB’s spokesman, however, added the decision in this regard is likely to be taken on June 22 after the assessment of track condition. (ANI)
- Thousands trek to Amarnath cave for prayers (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- Bad weather hampering efforts to clear Amarnath route - May 27, 2012
- 100 post offices to register for Amarnath yatra: SASB - Apr 30, 2012
- Around 500,000 perform Amarnath Yatra - Jul 16, 2012
- 18,000 pilgrims proceed towards Amarnath cave shrine - Jun 30, 2011
- Heavy rain disrupts Amarnath pilgrim's movement - Jun 25, 2012
- Amarnath pilgrimage registration from May 7 - Apr 21, 2012
- Annual Amarnath yatra begins (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- No delay in June 25 start of Amarnath pilgrimage - Jun 12, 2012
- Snow hits Amarnath Yatra preparations in Kashmir - Jun 14, 2012
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- 'Amarnath yatra duration as per religious tradition' - Apr 15, 2012
- Preparations for Amarnath pilgrimage begin - May 01, 2011
- Hostile weather halts Amarnath yatra; army, IAF on alert - Jul 08, 2011
- More than 150,000 register for Amarnath pilgrimage - May 22, 2011
Tags: bad weather, continuous rain, jammu, journey, new date, pahalgam, pilgrimage, pilgrims, regard, sacred cave, sasb, several points, shri, shrine board, snowfall, spokesman, srinagar, trek, weather conditions, yatra