Amarnath Shrine Board to be reconstitutedAugust 1st, 2008 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 1 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Governor N.N. Vohra Friday proposed to reconstitute the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board by including prominent citizens of Jammu as members. He also proposed to establish an Advisory Committee to suggest ways for ensuring smooth and regulated pilgrimage to the Amarnath shrine every year.
Vohra said the board is continuing its role of managing the yatra and gave details about the facilities created at Baltal and other yatra points, an official statement said.
He said various concerned government agencies were supplementing the effort by providing facilities to the pilgrims coming from all over the country.
He invited representatives from Jammu to see for themselves the temporary facilities created by the board at Baltal. He said the number of pilgrims has crossed 536,000 mark so far, an all time high record, he said.
- Pilgrims cannot start Amarnath Yatra before June 25 - Jun 23, 2012
- Preparations for 2012 Amarnath pilgrimage begin - Oct 16, 2011
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- Amarnath pilgrimage registration from May 7 - Apr 21, 2012
- Home ministry reviews situation ahead of Amarnath Yatra - Jun 11, 2012
- Over 1 lakh pilgrims visit Amarnath shrine in 5 days - Jun 30, 2012
- Governor reviews Amarnath pilgrimage facilities - Jul 17, 2012
- Thousands trek to Amarnath cave for prayers (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- Now, a diet chart for Amarnath pilgrims - Jan 07, 2012
- Differences sharpen between Amarnath board, religious groups - May 12, 2012
- Amarnath pilgrimage to begin June 29 - Feb 18, 2011
- BJP takes up Amarnath pilgrims' deaths with Chidambaram - Jul 24, 2012
- Amarnath Yatra ends peacefully - Aug 13, 2011
- No delay in June 25 start of Amarnath pilgrimage - Jun 12, 2012
- Thick snow cover posing new risk to Amarnath pilgrims - Jun 22, 2012