Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to meet Governors panel todayAugust 29th, 2008 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, Aug 29 (ANI): The fourth round of talks between Shri Amarnath Yatra Sangharsh Samiti (SASS) and the panel appointed by the Jammu and Kashmir Governor headed by SS Bloeria will be held here today.
The talks, which were scheduled for Thursday, could not take place due the minor illness of Bloeria, who is leading the government side in the talks.
The samiti had earlier held three rounds of talks with the panel on August 23, but the talks remained inconclusive.
The fourth round was to be held on Tuesday, but the Samiti refused to come to the table, citing highhandedness of police and security forces during its 12-hour chakka jam protest on Monday.
A five-point agenda had been set for the talks included reconstitution of the Amarnath Shrine Board, clarifying in appropriate details, the role and duties of the Shrine Board, assessment of the total requirement of land by the Shrine Board and working out an arrangement for use of 100 acres of land at Baltal-Domail by the SASB during the period of yatra.
The Governor”’’s panel includes Vice Chancellor of Jammu University Professor Amitabh Mattoo, former judge of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Justice (Retd) G D Sharma and Principal Secretary to Governor and Chief Executive Officer of Sri Amarnath Shrine Board B B Vyas.
The Samiti’’s committee consists of Tilak Raj Sharma, Brigadier (Retd) Suchet Singh, Narinder Singh and Pawan Kohli. (ANI)
- Amarnath Samiti and J-K Govt to meet for talks - Aug 28, 2008
- Talks between panel and Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to be held today - Aug 30, 2008
- Curfew relaxed in Kashmir Valley - Aug 30, 2008
- Amarnath land row: J-K Govt., Sangharsh Samiti sign agreement - Aug 31, 2008
- Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti reacts tough on J-K peace formula - Aug 30, 2008
- Amarnath talks delayed by a few hours (Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Talks between government, Jammu protesters postponed - Aug 28, 2008
- Talks with Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti put off again; life remains paralysed - Aug 29, 2008
- Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to meet Governors panel on Aug. 29 - Aug 28, 2008
- Talks on Amarnath land row postponed - Aug 29, 2008
- Finally a solution to Amarnath land row (Third Lead) - Aug 31, 2008
- Breakthrough likely in Amarnath land row (Third Lead) - Aug 23, 2008
- Sreedharan on Vaishno Devi Board - Mar 27, 2012
- Amarnath talks: Fourth round begins in Jammu (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Government and Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti sign agreement (Second lead) - Aug 31, 2008