Amar Singh threatens to quit SPMay 8th, 2009 - 7:23 pm ICT by ANI
Rampur, May 8 (ANI): In the latest episode of the Amar Singh- Azam Khan spat, Amar Singh has given an ultimatum to Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav that he will quit the party after the elections if nothing is done to rein in Khan.
Accusing the Muslim leader of making “intolerable utterances” against him, Singh said he would decide over continuing in the party after the polls.
Referring to Yadav’s statement, “If you want to remain in the party, you will have to keep Azam Khan happy,” Singh alleged that Khan was Mulayam’s favorite.
“Azam Khan is a favourite of Mulayam Singhji and in spite of his intolerable utterances against me, I was being asked to keep silent,” Singh said addressing a public meeting in Rampur, 250 km from Lucknow.
Singh said he was expecting a shoe as a “gift” from his estranged party colleague Azam Khan, claiming he must have readied one by now.
“I am waiting for a shoe from Mr Azam Khan. I sincerely invite him to come forward and hand me over the shoe which he is supposed to have readied by now,” Singh said, who had come here to address a rally in support of party candidate Jayaprada.
“I am impatiently waiting for the moment when Mr Khan will implement his plan out of proportion to insult me. If a shoe comes from Khan, I would first decorate this precious gift and then place it in a museum,” he added.
Meanwhile, in a television interview, Mulayam Singh Yadav has said that Khan’s recent utterances against Amar Singh are unacceptable and will be dealt with in the party. (ANI)
- Samajwadi Party revokes expulsion of Azam Khan - Nov 03, 2010
- Samajwadi Party expels Amar Singh, Jaya Prada - Feb 02, 2010
- Amar Singh calls for division of UP to boost development - Nov 04, 2010
- Amar threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over tiff with Azam - Apr 07, 2009
- 24x7 power for Akhilesh, Mulayam's constituencies - Mar 22, 2012
- Jaya Prada takes on Azam Khan - Mar 03, 2012
- After Azam barb, disquiet in SP out in open (News Analysis) - Jul 26, 2012
- Amar Singh a part of 'history', says Mulayam Singh (Second Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Azam refuses to call ceasefire with Bukhari - Apr 10, 2012
- Mulayam brings Azam Khan back into fold (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Rampur stuns Jaya Prada - Mar 06, 2012
- Amar Singh threatens to quit SP over abuse - Apr 07, 2009
- SP detractors see Amar's exit as good omen for party (News Analysis) - Jan 06, 2010
- Mulayam ignored warnings on Kalyan, says Azam Khan - Nov 20, 2009
- Azam Khan's expulsion revoked - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: amar singh, azam khan, colleague, elections, lucknow, mr khan, muslim leader, party candidate, party chief, polls, precious gift, proportion, rally, spite, television interview, ultimatum, utterances, yadav