Amar Singh denies role in Samajwadi Party’s friendship with Kalyan SinghMay 10th, 2009 - 9:23 pm ICT by ANI
Dehradun, May 10 (ANI): Senior Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh on Sunday denied having played any role in the decision taken over getting close to Bharatiya Janata Party’s rebel leader Kalyan Singh.
“I want to make this clear that I have nothing to do with the decision taken on Kalyan Singh,” Amar Singh said here.
“Kalyan Singh is not a member of Samajwadi Party. Azam Khan is lying. Kalyan Singh is not a Chief Ministerial candidate. He is not a Prime Ministerial candidate,” Singh further said.
Amar Singh, however, also dismissed the rumours that he was planning to quit Samajwadi Party or its chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
“The fact that I said I will decide after 13th what I will do, this is not about ditching Samajwadi Party. Mulayam Singh and I are two bodies and one soul. Nobody can separate us till we are alive,” said Amar Singh, leader, Samajwadi Party.
On Saturday, SP leader Azam Khan had expressed his displeasure over former BJP leader Kalyan Singh being embraced by Samajwadi Party. He described Kalyan as the perpetrator of Babri mosque demolition.
However, despite Azam’s outburst against Kalyan Singh, Samajwadi Party declined to snap its ties with Kalyan.
Samajwadi Chief Mulayam Singh has already made various attempts to pacify Azam Khan, but all in vain.
Kalyan Singh was the Uttar Pradesh chief minister when the Babri mosque was demolished in 1992.
Amar Singh was in Dehradun to have a medical treatment. He informed that he had plans take leave for three months and would go abroad after the polls for treatment of his kidneys as both of them were functioning only 20 per cent. (ANI)
- Samajwadi Party revokes expulsion of Azam Khan - Nov 03, 2010
- Mulayam welcomes Azam Khan back in party fold - Dec 04, 2010
- Mulayam brings Azam Khan back into fold (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Mulayam apologises to Muslims for aligning with Kalyan - Jul 15, 2010
- Amar Singh calls for division of UP to boost development - Nov 04, 2010
- Mulayam ignored warnings on Kalyan, says Azam Khan - Nov 20, 2009
- Used like dustbin, I still respect Mulayam: Amar (Lead) - Feb 04, 2010
- Cancel my son-in-law's ticket: Bukhari - Apr 06, 2012
- Mulayam's apology to Muslims a gimmick: Amar Singh - Aug 02, 2010
- Samajwadi Party expels Azam Khan for six years - May 24, 2009
- After Azam barb, disquiet in SP out in open (News Analysis) - Jul 26, 2012
- Samajwadi Party does a somersault, backs Pranab (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Kalyan hits back at Mulayam, sends feelers to BJP on return (Lead) - Nov 15, 2009
- Azam Khan's expulsion revoked - Nov 03, 2010
- Jaya Prada takes on Azam Khan - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: amar singh, babri mosque, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, chief minister, dehradun, demolition, displeasure, kalyan singh, kidneys, medical treatment, outburst, party leader, perpetrator, prime ministerial candidate, rebel leader, rumours, Samajwadi Party, uttar pradesh, yadav