Amar Singh declared not guilty in cash-for-vote scamOctober 6th, 2008 - 4:55 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 6 (ANI): The Parliamentary Committee investigating the cash-for-votes scam against Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh, has in its report said that there is no clinching evidence against him.
The Lok Sabha committee recommended a CBI probe and suggested further investigation into the case.
The final meeting of the committee is scheduled for October 17.
The seven-member committee, set up by Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee and headed by the Congress partys Kishore Chandra Deo, investigated the claim of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) that three of its MPs were offered bribe to abstain from the trust vote in the Lok Sabha on July 22.
The BJP claimed that its three MPs - Ashok Argal, Fagan Singh Kulaste and Mahavir Bhagora - were offered three crore rupees each, and were handed over a total of one crore rupees in advance.
Other members of the committee were VK Malhotra (BJP), Mohammed Salim (CPM), Ram Gopal Yadav (Samajwadi Party), Devendra Prasad Yadav (RJD), Rajesh Verma (BSP), and C Kuppusway (DMK). (ANI)
- Cash-for-votes scam: Ex-BJP worker to be quizzed - Jul 19, 2011
- Second arrest made in cash-for-votes case - Jul 20, 2011
- Aide blames Amar in cash-for-votes scam, Amar denies - Jul 19, 2011
- Amar Singh to be questioned on cash-for-votes - Jul 20, 2011
- Working on cash-for-votes money trail, cops tell court - May 10, 2012
- No prima facie evidence against Amar Singh: K.C. Deo - Jul 19, 2011
- Cash-for-vote case: Police file another charge sheet - Apr 30, 2012
- Bid to target ex-MPs in cash-for-votes scandal: Naidu - Sep 10, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Police file supplementary chargesheet - Sep 30, 2011
- Cash-for-votes case: Amar Singh, five others chargesheeted - Aug 24, 2011
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
- Congress influencing police: Ashok Argal - Sep 06, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Order on bail plea of five accused Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Amar Singh, three others summoned - Aug 25, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: amar singh, argal, ashok, bjp, cbi probe, crore rupees, devendra, fagan, janata party, kishore, Lok Sabha, mahavir, malhotra, member committee, parliamentary committee, ram gopal, report said that, rjd, trust vote, yadav