Amar Singh dares Mayawati to take action against himOctober 26th, 2009 - 4:09 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Oct 26 (ANI): Samajwadi Party General Secretary Amar Singh on Monday said he will send all details of his share-holdings in various companies to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati and challenged her to take action against him.
“I will send Mayawati all details of my share-holdings in various comapnies whether it is Mukesh Ambani’s company, or the Infosys, the NTPC or the ONGC. She can lodge criminal FIRs against all of them in Babupurwa Police Station (Kanpur),” said Singh.
“Increase in share-capital with mutual consent of different companies and share-holders, and mergers with consent of jurisdiction of the High Court concerned was a legal process,” he added.
Giving examples of Mukesh Ambani and Infosys Chief Mentor Narayan Murthy, he said: “Is Mayawati above Income Tax Department, the Union Government’s Company Affairs Ministry or the High Court where such a deal is registered?”
Alleging that Mayawati had lodged 170 cases against him, he said: “All these cases were later quashed by the courts.”
Raking up the case of allotment of a plot to him allegedly under the Economically Weaker Section category, he said the plot was alloted to him by BSP leader Kanshi Ram.
“She alleged that I made a CD of her posing as a living Goddess and asking people to offer her Gangajal,” he added.
On October 16, a 14-page complaint of fraud was filled at the Babupurwa Police Station in Kanpur against Amar Singh, his wife Pankaja Kumari Singh and cine icon Amitabh Bachchan.
Shiv Kant Tiwari, the person who filed the complaint, claimed that all three had been involved in a financial fraud amounting to about Rs 500 crore. They have been charged with amalgamating companies for converting black money into white between 2003 and 2008.
The companies named in the FIR included the Energy Development Company Limited, the EDCL Power Limited, the Pankaja Art and Credit Limited, the Sarvottam Cap Limited, the EDCL Infrastructure Limited and the Eastern India Company, all owned or run by the Singh couple.
The FIR was lodged under various Sections of IPC, Prevention of Corruption Act and Prevention of Laundering Act. (ANI)
- Now, a complaint against Amar Singh, in Lucknow - Oct 24, 2009
- Fraud case lodged against Amar Singh, Amitabh Bachchan in Kanpur - Oct 16, 2009
- High court orders probe in Amar Singh's financial affairs - May 20, 2011
- Amar Singh denies fraud charges, attacks Mayawati (Lead) - Oct 16, 2009
- Amitabh, Amar Singh accused of Rs.500 crore scam - Oct 16, 2009
- Mulayam's brother, son framed me, alleges Amar Singh - May 30, 2010
- Man who accused Amar Singh of fraud claims threats to life - Oct 20, 2009
- Corruption case: Amar Singh gets reprieve from high court - Oct 24, 2009
- Amar Singh files complaint against Mayawati in Kolkata - Oct 23, 2009
- Enforcement Directorate to take over Amar Singh case - Oct 29, 2009
- Economic Offences Wing to investigate Amar Singh case - Oct 28, 2009
- Threat to expose Mayawati cowed her down, says Amar Singh - Oct 26, 2009
- Mulayam bats for Amar and Bachchan, blames Mayawati for FIR - Oct 16, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh to hire accountant to probe Amar Singh's 'fraud' - Jan 31, 2010
- Court allows case against Amar Singh, stays his arrest - Dec 05, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,