Amar Singh dares Bhushans over controversial CDApril 18th, 2011 - 8:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 18 (ANI): With the war over the alleged fake CD reaching the Supreme Court, former Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amar Singh on Monday challenged former Law Minister Shanti Bhushan to produce the voice samples.
“If the Bhushans have proof, they should show it. I have enough proof. The truth needs to be exposed,” Singh told reporters here.
Claiming that there are four or five versions of the controversial CD, he also questioned the forensic tests run on the CD by the Bhushans.
“Anna Hazare must not allow his people to mislead him,” Singh added, claiming that the letter written by the veteran social activist was drafted by others.
Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare has written a letter to Congress President Sonia Gandhi drawing her attention to the ongoing campaign being led by the party leaders against civil society members of the Lokpal Bill Joint Drafting Committee.
The former Samajwadi Party MP earlier handed over a copy of the controversial CD to the Delhi Police.
“I have complete proof. Many in Hazare’s team are tainted. I have submitted four sets of audio CDs to the police,” Singh told reporters outside the Indraprashtha Police Station here after submitting the CD.
Shanti Bhushan, the co-chairman of the Lokpal Bill Committee, earlier today moved Supreme Court seeking criminal contempt action against Amar Singh.
The former law minister accused Amar Singh of fabricating the CD to force Justice G S Singvi recuses from hearing 2G scam and Singh’s tape cases pending before a bench headed by him.
Bhushan also sought setting up of a special investigation team to investigate the crime of fabrication of CD, which was meant to defame him.
Shanti Bhushan’s advocate son Prashant Bhushan claimed last evening that the CD controversy is a conspiracy to discredit the civil society members of the Lokpal Bill Drafting Committee, and the doctoring of the CD has the backing of some powerful people.
He also said that he sent the CD to two private labs, which say that it is doctored.
Citing the alleged experts, Prashant Bhushan said the CD is a cut-and-paste-job and there are six places where the ‘it’ has been edited.
He said that parts of the Amar-Mulayam conversation are from the Amar Singh tapes, recorded before February 2006, and which Bhushan submitted to the Supreme Court for an inquiry.
Anna Hazare had on Sunday rubbished allegations accusing Shanti Bhushan, who is the co-chairman of the Lokpal Bill joint drafting committee, of being involved in a CD controversy, and backed his presence on the panel.
“The CD is bogus. This is the report we have received. I heard this first thing in the morning. Now Shanti Bhushan is facing the court. If he is guilty, he should be punished. But, if he is not guilty and if someone is trying to deliberately spoil his reputation, then it is not right. How can I guarantee for anyone? I have just been introduced to Shanti Bhushan,” said Hazare.
“Such allegations will be levelled against us,” he added, when asked whether Bhushan should continue as a member of the joint drafting committee.
It was earlier reported that Shanti Bhushan has approached the Delhi Police seeking investigation into circulation of a CD purportedly having his conversations with political leaders Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh, alleging they were fabricated.
Bhushan alleged that a journalist approached him for his comments for a news story on the CD, which purportedly had his conversations with the leaders.
The CD has audio clippings of a phone conversation allegedly between Shanti Bhushan, Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh about influencing a judge.
It, however, remains a mystery as to who circulated the CD. (ANI)
- CD row: Prashant Bhushan files defamation suit in Supreme Court - Apr 18, 2011
- CD row: Many in Hazare's team are tainted, says Amar Singh - Apr 18, 2011
- Hazare defends Shanti Bhushan, says CD is bogus - Apr 17, 2011
- Amar Singh hits out at Bhushans - Apr 20, 2011
- CD controversy rages, Bhushans to move apex court (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan CD row: Court pulls up police for laxity - Dec 13, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan files contempt petition over CD - Apr 18, 2011
- Amar Singh challenges Bhushans to prove CD is fake - Apr 18, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan CD doctored: Son Prashant - Apr 17, 2011
- As CD war rages, Anna seeks solidarity from Sonia (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan-Amar Singh CD not doctored: Police - Aug 30, 2011
- 'Shanti Bhushan must step down form Lok Pal Bill joint drafting committee' - Apr 17, 2011
- Amidst mud-slinging, Lokpal joint committee meets Saturday (Roundup) - Apr 16, 2011
- Lokpal Bill: First joint drafting committee meet ends, next on May 2 - Apr 16, 2011
- I will answer Bhushan's notice in court: Digvijay Singh - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: amar singh, anna hazare, audio cds, co chairman, congress president sonia gandhi, criminal contempt, delhi police, drafting committee, fake cd, forensic tests, investigation team, law minister, New Delhi, party leaders, police station, prashant, Samajwadi Party, social activist, society members, voice samples