Allahabad HC stays UP governments order on rail coach projectOctober 13th, 2008 - 7:48 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Oct 13 (ANI): The Allahabad High Court today stayed the Uttar Pradesh Governments order stalling the rail coach project in Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh.
The High Court today heard the writ petition filed by the Centre challenging the order of the Mayawati Government cancelling the allotment of land for the project in Rae Bareli, which is Congress President Sonia Gandhis parliamentary constituency.
The Courts Lucknow bench heard the writ moved by Union of India through Secretary, Railway Board, Ministry of Railways and two others.
Keeping in view the urgency of the matter the court decided to hear the matter today itself.
The respondents in the writ petition are the State of Uttar Pradesh through Secretary Revenue Board, Commissioner Lucknow Division, District Magistrate Rae Bareli and District Settlement Officer.
On Sunday, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Government cancelled its order for allotment of 189.25 hectares of gram sabha land for the setting up of a rail coach factory at Lalganj in Sonia Gandhi’’s parliamentary constituency, Rae Bareli.
Mayawati’’s principal secretary, Vijay Shankar Pandey, told reporters on Sunday that the decision to cancel the allotment was taken following the report of the Rae Bareli District Majistrate which suggested immense anger among the people whose land had been acquired, and that the situation in the villages concerned had turned explosive.
The Congress president was scheduled to perform ”bhoomi pujan” of the factory on Tuesday, October 14. (ANI)
- Mayawati slams opposition, says Rahul is helpless - May 12, 2011
- Mayawati slams opposition conspiracy, says Rahul helpless (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- UP allots land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli town - Aug 13, 2012
- Sonia to visit Rae Bareli today - Oct 14, 2008
- Rae Bareli rail project plea to be heard Nov 11 (Lead) - Oct 22, 2008
- As parties play politics of land, divides deepen (Roundup) - May 12, 2011
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Mayawati suspends senior bureaucrat in Rae Bareli row - Oct 23, 2008
- A word from Sonia means 24x7 power - Aug 29, 2012
- Challenging Mayawati, Sonia Gandhi says Rae Bareli is my `Karma Bhoomi'' - Oct 14, 2008
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - May 10, 2011
- Hundreds detained as Congress takes on Mayawati government (Second Lead) - May 12, 2011
- We pay more compensation to farmers than centre: Mayawati - May 16, 2011
- Vote for change, Priyanka Gandhi urges UP voters - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: allahabad high court, allotment, bahujan samaj party, coach factory, congress president, district magistrate, hc, hectares, Mayawati, parliamentary constituency, principal secretary, rae bareli district, railway board, railways, respondents, sabha, sonia gandhi, state of uttar pradesh, tuesday october, writ petition