All pending work of CWG 2010 will be completed on time: SheilaJuly 26th, 2010 - 10:51 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 26 (ANI): Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday claimed that all pending work would be completed on time before Commonwealth Games 2010 to be held in the month of October.
Of late, the pending work related to CWG 2010 has drawn wide public attention.
Dikshit, however, looked confident after presiding over the Cabinet meeting of Delhi Government on Monday and reiterated there would be no deviation in deadlines fixed for completion of work.
“No, 31st August is the deadline, that all the work will done. In September, the finishing touches will be given. All the contractors related to electricity, street-scaping… we called for a briefing. We also told them that if they face any problem from any other agency including the police they would be helped; we even requested the police and they have even agreed to it that they will not arrest anybody who is working at nights,” said Sheila Dikshit.
She issued directives to the Public Working Department (PWD) to concentrate on completing works on roads close to the Games Village and to ensure proper street lighting.
“It is absolutely not like that…all those who are involved are getting money on time. This kind of complains must be done by the big contactors only. But, nowhere, we, Raj Kumar Chauhan, Minister in-charge for the PWD (Public Working Department) or our Transport Minister (Arvinder Singh Lovely) or our Welfare Minister (Kiran Walia)…or even our Finance Minister (A K Walia)…all of them have said that shortage of money should not be reason to stop the work. The payment is given to everybody, somebody is saying this thing,” Dikshit added.
She sternly warned the contractors who do not meet the deadline or execute a sub-standard job that they would be blacklisted. (ANI)
- Dikshit issues warning to Games contractors - Jul 26, 2010
- China's Guangzhou city ready to host Asian Games, as Delhi struggles with CWG 2010 - Jul 27, 2010
- Delhi street-scaping limps as Games deadline nears - May 22, 2010
- Dikshit nailed by CAG, opposition demands resignation (Third Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- Dikshit admits to concern, but says Games work progressing - May 19, 2010
- Who's stealing Delhi's flowers and tiles? - Jun 10, 2010
- Preparing for Games, Delhi battles lack of coordination - Aug 05, 2010
- Will Delhi weather the storm this monsoon? - Jul 01, 2010
- PMO, Delhi CM indicted for Commonwealth Games flaws (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2011
- Will complete all CWG projects by July 15: MCD - Jul 02, 2010
- Beautification work begins ahead of Commonwealth Games - Oct 26, 2009
- Dikshit denies Lokayukta's allegation - Jul 22, 2011
- From streetscaping to lights - CAG slams Delhi government - Aug 05, 2011
- 'Nervous' Dikshit warns tardy contractors of blacklisting - Dec 21, 2009
- Reshuffle to ease work of overburdened ministers: Dikshit - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: cabinet meeting, chief minister, commonwealth games 2010, contactors, cwg, delhi government, electricity, finance minister, finishing touches, getting money, job, New Delhi, public attention, pwd, sheila dikshit, street lighting, transport minister, walia, welfare