All-female Lingerie League is lighting up American footballOctober 12th, 2008 - 1:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 12 (ANI): American football has just become even more engaging with the forming of an all-female Lingerie League, featuring maximum glamour and minimum clothing.
The game, known for its testosterone-pumping action, will be setting pulses racing even more as womens teams compete in just their underwear, protective helmets, and pastel-shaded shoulder pads.
The move has inflamed anti-sexism lobbyists, but organisers say that anyone expecting dainty moves and half-baked sporting action should think again.
These girls take it very seriously. They arent going to be just skipping round the field worrying about breaking their fingernails, theyre going to be worrying about breaking their necks, Times Online quoted Lingerie League spokesman Kyle Bolin as saying.
Weve already had everything from broken collar bones to busted-out knees, he added.
The Lingerie League originated as a television-programming gimmick launched by a Hollywood production company, Horizon Productions, in 2004.
The show, which was designed as a pay-per-view rival to the halftime show at the Superbowl, American footballs championship final, currently has ten teams.
Most of the teams run as franchises, with names such as Chicago Bliss, Atlanta Steam, Dallas Desire, Phoenix Scorch and San Diego Seduction, and there are plans to expand the Lingerie League into Europe, including Britain, and into Canada and Asia next year.
The league will make its professional debut next spring, with players earning starting salaries in the region of 40,000 dollars, and match schedules mirroring those of the mainstream National Football League. (ANI)
- US Lingerie Football League goes to Canada (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- American lingerie football goes to Canada - Apr 13, 2011
- Aussie cheerleader set to strip off for Lingerie Football League - May 28, 2010
- Capello backs female officials in football amidst sexism row - Jan 26, 2011
- GoDaddy.com - Lola SuperBowl ad controversy - Feb 07, 2010
- Roberto Carlos slams Russian football pitches - Apr 08, 2012
- Lingerie football team coming to Toronto - Apr 14, 2011
- Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk in nude photo row - Nov 25, 2010
- Depp's fake nails caused him loo woes - May 10, 2012
- Sky Sports 'sexism row' presenters sign Talksport radio deal - Feb 09, 2011
- Uzbek football teams to escape taxes - Jun 09, 2012
- Prayag United signs up Costa Rican midfielder - Jun 27, 2012
- 'John Terry, Vanessa Perroncel's sex session lasted just 12 minutes' - Feb 07, 2010
- Hostility to homosexuality is still rife in modern Football - Nov 14, 2010
- 'Bend it like Beckham' becomes 1st western film to be broadcast in N. Korea - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: american football, bolin, collar bones, female lingerie, fingernails, football london, footballs, gimmick, half baked, halftime show, hollywood production, horizon productions, lobbyists, national football league, phoenix scorch, professional debut, protective helmets, shoulder pads, starting salaries, television programming