All 77 integrated check posts computerized: ChidambaramNovember 30th, 2010 - 9:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov.30 (ANI): Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram on Tuesday said that steps are being taken to improve immigration procedures.
He said that at the end of November, the government has computerized all 77 integrated check posts (ICPs), and added that the Muhurighat (Tripura) and Lalgolaghat (West Bengal) ICPs were networked with Central Foreigners’ Bureau (CFB), taking the total of CFB-networked ICPs to 70 out of a total of 77.
He also said that during November, a new service ‘Online Indian Citizenship’ was introduced to enable persons to file applications online for grant of Indian citizenship.
He said that this new service would ensure: Faster and uniform processing of applications for grant of Indian citizenship; easy monitoring and tracking of cases; generation of accurate MIS reports and creation and maintenance of centralized database of citizenship granted to the foreigners.
He also said that the online visa application system has been operationalized since November 23 in London, Birmingham and Edinburgh under the High Commission of India, London.
He said that in the month of November, the government had released and repatriated 54 Pakistani fishermen and 10 Pakistani prisoners to Pakistan through Attari border after completion of their sentences.
So far, in 2010, Government has released and repatriated 111 Pakistani fishermen and 106 Pakistani prisoners to Pakistan, he added. (ANI)
- 293 Pakistani prisoners repatriated in 2010 - Dec 30, 2010
- India repatriates 54 Pak fishermen, ten prisoners - Nov 12, 2010
- '764 Pakistanis granted Indian citizenship during 2009-11' - Aug 22, 2012
- India repatriates 91 Pakistanis - Jul 26, 2011
- Pakistan releases 180 Indian prisoners (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- New checkpost opened at Attari, to boost sub-continental trade (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Pak releases 89 Indian fishermen - Apr 15, 2011
- Eid gift: India to repatriate 31 Pakistanis - Sep 10, 2010
- New integrated check post opens at Attari - Apr 13, 2012
- Surjeet freed, to come home via Wagah (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 28, 2012
- India urges Pakistan to free its fishermen - Aug 03, 2011
- Pak releases last batch of Indian fishermen - Sep 07, 2010
- Pakistan releases 18 Indian fishermen - May 23, 2012
- New integrated checkpost opened at Attari, to boost Indo-Pak trade (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Krishna greets Qureshi on Eid, India to repatriate Pak fishermen and prisoners - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,