Albert Einsteins 14-carat gold Longines wristwatch up for grabsSeptember 13th, 2008 - 1:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, September 13 (ANI): A 14-carat gold wristwatch that Albert Einstein once wore will be put up for sale by the online watch auctioneer, Antiquorum, in New York next month.
The Longines timepiece is expected to fetch about 14,000 pounds.
Shaped like a barrel, the unique watch was made in 1930, and presented to Einstein on February 16, 1931, in Los Angeles.
Collectors will be able to see the timepiece in New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo and Hong Kong before it is auctioned on October 16, reports Times Online. (ANI)
- Auction market for watches, jewels looking up - Oct 21, 2010
- Hollywood star jeweller's India-inspired works on auction - Oct 10, 2010
- Christie's jewel auction in Dubai fetches over $8.5 mn - Apr 30, 2010
- Rat Pack stars' watches up for grabs - May 24, 2009
- New York auction house going ahead with Gandhi items' sale - Mar 06, 2009
- Michael Jackson's luxury furniture to be auctioned - Mar 14, 2010
- US collector declines India's offer for Gandhi items - Mar 04, 2009
- MJ's surgical mask to be auctioned - Apr 29, 2012
- High drama before Gandhi items' auction - Mar 06, 2009
- Chinese stamp sells for record $332,000 - Sep 19, 2009
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- Christie's to auction Liz Taylor's clothes, accessories - Jun 30, 2011
- Taylor's pearl fetches record money - Dec 14, 2011
- US Gandhian collector, Mallya in deal to set up foundation for poor - May 16, 2009
- Madonna's corset sold for 45,000 pounds - Oct 27, 2011