Al-Qaeda like outfit can use weapons of mass destruction against India: NSG chiefFebruary 11th, 2009 - 8:34 pm ICT by ANI
Manesar, Feb. 11 (ANI): Director General of National Security Guards (NSG), Jyoti Krishna Dutt has urged the security forces to be prepared to counter the possible use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by militant outfits like Al-Qaeda.
Speaking at the 9th NBDC (National Bum Data Center) Seminar in Manesar on Wednesday, Dutt said the dimensions of militants are increasing, and they could go to any extent to cause destruction.
Previously, it had been possible to believe that there were limits beyond which even terrorists would not go. After the thousands of deaths on September 11 (9/11 series of coordinated suicide attacks by Al-Qaeda in the United States), it was evident that at-least one group has stopped at nothing, Dutt noted.
Dutt said that new dimensions have been added since the use of nerve agent Serene by militants in Japan’’s subway-system in March 1995, and India must prepare itself to thwart a chemical weapons attacks by militants.
A plethora of evidence has come into the public domain that points towards Al-Qaeda resolved to attain the well with-all to perpetuate terror attacks employing weapons of mass destructions (WMD’’s). We must closely look at this threat,” Dutt said.
A US political analyst termed Mumbai attacks as a vintage of Al Qaeda’’s global jihad mission targeting Americans, Indians and Israelis.
Ten well-trained and heavily armed Islamic militants attacked three popular landmarks of the India’’s financial capital, killing 179 people.
Security officials from various countries, including USA, UK, Japan and other countries are participating in the two-day NBDC seminar. (ANI)
- U.S. 'totally unprepared' to respond to large scale bioterrorism attack: Report - Jan 27, 2010
- 'Patient' Al-Qaeda 'determined' to use WMD's against US: Ex-CIA official - Jan 27, 2010
- India offers help in stopping proliferation of WMDs - Apr 21, 2011
- Britain went to war with Iraq on "assumption" of WMDs: Jonathan Powell - Jan 19, 2010
- Four killed in al-Qaeda ambush in south Yemen - Mar 11, 2011
- Blair was warned by 27 lawyers 'Iraq invasion without UN backing was illegal' - Jan 27, 2010
- I don't regret Iraq war, says Condoleezza Rice - Jan 21, 2011
- Karl Rove says that he did no dirty tricks while campaigning - Mar 09, 2010
- Five soldiers killed in al-Qaeda ambush in western Yemen - May 13, 2011
- Al Qaeda still determined to attack US: Report - Jan 26, 2010
- Al-Qaeda planned to use poisoned perfume to kill Saudi govt. officials - Dec 05, 2010
- New Al- Quaeda magazine offers beauty tips mixed with bombing advice - Mar 14, 2011
- Pak-based Al-Qaeda leadership directed failed NY subway bombing - Jul 08, 2010
- Zarein Ahmedzay pleads guilty in connection with al-Qaeda New York subway plot - Apr 24, 2010
- Al Qaeda kills six cops in Yemen - May 14, 2011
Tags: americans indians, center seminar, chemical weapons attacks, global jihad, islamic militants, jyoti, manesar, militant outfits, nbdc, nerve agent, new dimensions, nsg, political analyst, security officials, subway system, suicide attacks, terror attacks, use of weapons, weapons of mass destruction, weapons of mass destructions