Airtel congratulates brand ambassador Rahman on Oscar winFebruary 24th, 2009 - 12:59 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) Telecom major Airtel has congratulated A.R. Rahman, who has composed its very popular signature tune, for his double Oscar win for “Slumdog Millionaire”.
Sunil Bharti Mittal, chairman and group CEO, Bharti Enterprises, in a message said: “The global acclaim for ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ mirrors the growth story of India. This signals the arrival of India on the world entertainment stage.
“In particular, A.R. Rahman’s unique double Oscar win has made all of us very proud. Airtel has shared a long friendship with A.R. Rahman, who composed the Airtel signature tune, which is synonymous with the brand today. Our heartiest congratulations to A.R. Rahman and the entire ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ team.”
Airtel signature tune composed by Rahman is world’s most downloaded piece of mobile music in the world with over 60 million downloads. The tune has made its appearance in several forms, including car reverse music.
When Rahman composed the tune, Airtel had two million customers. Today, Airtel has over 90 million customers, the company said in a statement.
Rahman became Airtel’s brand ambassador in 2002. He also composed an exclusive sound track to commemorate the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon in 2008.
- Rahman's 'If I Rise' nominated for WSA - Aug 25, 2011
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Bharti Airtel crosses 200 mn mark, to launch 3G by year-end (Second Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- No action against Ismail Darbar: Oscar panel - Jun 10, 2011
- Darbar's charge 'unprecedented and preposterous': Oscar panel - Jun 11, 2011
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- Golden Globe nomination blessing beyond words: Rahman - Dec 15, 2010
- Mani Ratnam to launch Rahman's biography April 6 (With Images) - Mar 22, 2011
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahman to launch music video with Dido? - Jan 04, 2011
- Rahman got one Oscar and then the other one was a bonus: Gulzar - Mar 02, 2011
- Bharti Airtel crosses 200 mn subscribers - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: 60 million, airtel, ambassador, appearance, bharti enterprises, entertainment stage, friendship, global acclaim, group ceo, marathon, millionaire, mittal, mobile music, music in the world, New Delhi, signals, signature tune, telecom, two million, world entertainment