Aircraft on a check-up flight prior to a trip of Punjab CM crashedOctober 29th, 2008 - 10:38 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, Oct 29 (ANI): A six-seater aircraft, which was on a mandatory technical check-up flight prior to a trip of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, crashed while on a trial flight on Wednesday killing both the crew members.
Beechcraft C-90 King Air plane took off from Chandigarh around 10:50 a.m. but developed a technical snag before it could land at the Sahnewal airport.
Mutiliated bodies of the two-crew members pilot Dalip Kataria and co-pilot
Manjit Singh was recovered from the wreckage.
“After taking one circle when the plane was taking a second round it came down in five minutes. One of them was saved but when the plane caught fire and he died. There was a loud bang at the time of the crash,” said Satnam Singh, an eye-witness.
Senior superintendent of police in the area visited the spot to take stock of the situation.
“The plane belongs to government of Punjab. It was a six-seater with two crew members on it. The plane was there in Chandigarh for some time and was on a trial flight. It was coming to Sahnewal when it crashed in Jugiana village. The pilot and co pilot died,” said P.K. Jaiswal, Senior Superintendent of Police. (ANI)
- Sabotage ruled out as Punjab plane crash probe begins - Oct 30, 2008
- Small plane crashes in Punjab, two pilots killed - Oct 29, 2008
- Two pilots killed as plane crashes in Punjab, probe ordered (Second Lead) - Oct 29, 2008
- Two pilots killed as small plane crashes in Punjab (Lead) - Oct 29, 2008
- Four killed in US plane crash - Apr 23, 2011
- My brother was not happy with the plane: sister of deceased pilot - Oct 30, 2008
- Killed pilot was unhappy with plane: sister (Lead) - Oct 30, 2008
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Four die in Brazil plane crash - Feb 17, 2012
- India clears $600-mn deal for air force trainers - May 10, 2012
- Woman pilot hurt in Pakistan Air Force plane crash (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Fighter plane crashes in Pakistan, one killed - Aug 15, 2011
- India signs $640-mn deal for 75 Pilatus trainers - May 24, 2012
- 13 Indians die as plane crashes into Nepal cliff (Fourth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Helicopter crashes in Belarus, killing 5 people - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: air plane, badal, chief minister, co pilot, crash, crew members, eye witness, five minutes, government of punjab, kataria, loud bang, manjit singh, satnam singh, seater aircraft, stock, superintendent, technical snag, trial flight, wreckage