Air India flights hit by pilots’ strikeApril 27th, 2011 - 2:00 pm ICT by ANI
Delhi, Apr 27 (ANI): At least 20 Air India flights have been cancelled after some of Air India pilots affiliated to the Indian Commercial Pilots Association (ICPA), went on strike from midnight to press for their various demands.
Around eight flights from Delhi and eleven from Mumbai were cancelled this morning, while several others were delayed by over three hours.
In retaliation, the management of the airline has derecognised the ICPA, sealed its offices in Mumbai and Delhi, and declared the strike illegal.
The ICPA has about 700 members who use to work for Indian Airlines till it was merged with Air India in 2007.
The ICPA claims that while Air India pilots enjoy a huge fixed salary component, the same is almost minuscule for former IA pilots in 2007.
The association claims that while their entire pay package depends on the hours they fly every day, the airline has been curtailing the number of flights by 30 to 40 percent.
Meanwhile, domestic flights that are likely to be affected are those that fly from Mumbai and Delhi to Goa, Cochin, Thiruvananthapuram and Indore.
An Air India spokesperson in Mumbai said the flight to Singapore has been cancelled. Other international routes to Afghanistan, Nepal and the Middle East are also likely to be impacted. (ANI)
- Air India sacks six striking pilots - Apr 27, 2011
- Pilots still on strike, over 50 Air India flights cancelled - Apr 28, 2011
- Delhi HC pulls up Air India for not solving pilots wage issue - Apr 27, 2011
- Air India pilots still on strike, ready to go to jail - Apr 29, 2011
- Pilots still on strike, over 95 Air India flights cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Air India threatens to sack pilots who do not return to work by 5 p.m. today - Apr 29, 2011
- Strike is against corruption in Air India, say protesting pilots - Apr 27, 2011
- Committee set up to look into striking pilots' grievances, says Kharge - Apr 28, 2011
- Pilots' strike: Air India to operate only 40 flights - May 01, 2011
- Pilots' strike will not see another day, rules Delhi High Court - May 02, 2011
- Pilots' strike: Delhi High Court to hear contempt case - May 02, 2011
- Air India sacks six pilots of striking union - Apr 27, 2011
- Pilots strike enters seventh day, ICPA writes to PM - May 03, 2011
- Agitating Air India pilots intensify stir, blame Arvind Jadhav for financial losses - May 01, 2011
- No stay on Air India's derecognition of pilot union - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, air india, airline, cochin, commercial pilots, domestic flights, fly, goa, icpa, indian airlines, indore, middle east, nepal, pilots association, pilots strike, retaliation, salary, singapore, spokesperson, thiruvananthapuram