Air India call centre receives call threatening attack on MumbaiSeptember 14th, 2008 - 10:04 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 14 (ANI): Shortly after the blasts in the national capital, an Air India call centre in Delhi received calls threatening that Mumbai would be bombed, a company spokesman said here today.
Our call centre in Delhi received two calls on Saturday around 7.00 pm. The caller threatened to bomb Mumbai, said the spokesman, and added, Following the receipt of the call we passed on the information to the Delhi police and also beefed up security at our offices.
Both Delhi and Mumbai are under high alert and security has been beefed up following the serial blasts.
Meanwhile, the Delhi Police has detained eight people, who are being questioned, in connection with Saturday’’s serial blasts that left 21 dead and over 90 injured.
On Saturday, five bombs went off in less than half an hour. Two of them in the heart of Delhi in Connaught Place, two at the upscale Greater Kailash M-Block market in South Delhi, and one, the most damaging one, in the crowded Ghaffar Market in Karol Bagh.
Indian Mujahideen, the group responsible for the serial blasts in Jaipur, Bangalore and Ahmedabad, claimed responsibility for the blasts through an email sent to news organisations around the same time when the explosions occurred. (ANI)
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Court defers framing of charges in 2008 Delhi blasts - Jan 17, 2011
- Court defers framing of charges in 2008 Delhi blasts - Mar 08, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- High court blast is 19th attack in Delhi in 15 years - Sep 07, 2011
- Delhi police detains eight persons in connection with Saturdays serial blasts - Sep 14, 2008
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi markets deserted after Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi on high alert after Mumbai blasts - Jul 13, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's ATS nabs Delhi serial blast and Batla House encounter accused - Feb 02, 2010
- Serial blasts rock Delhi; at least 18 dead (Update) - Sep 13, 2008
Tags: ahmedabad, air india, bangalore, bombs, call centre, company spokesman, connaught place, delhi police, email, explosions, half an hour, jaipur, kailash, karol bagh, mumbai, New Delhi, organisations, receipt, serial blasts, south delhi