Air Force plane crashes in Arunachal PradeshJune 9th, 2009 - 11:13 pm ICT by ANI
Shillong, June 9 (ANI): An Air Force transport plane with at least 14 people on board crashed on Tuesday in Arunachal Pradesh.
Two helicopters have been sent to find out the debris of the plane.
According to sources, IAF AN-32 aircraft with eight IAF personnel and six civilians took off from Mechuka in Arunachal Pradesh and went missing shortly after. It was expected to reach Tawang area.
The AN-32 plane had flown from Dibrugarh in Assam to Mechuka in Arunachal from where it took off again with the civilians for Jorhat at around 2 pm, after which the aircraft went missing, said IAF spokesman Wing Commander P Sahu.
Authorities have issued orders for conducting an investigation into the tragic incident. (ANI)
- Search for missing IAF plane intensifies - Jun 10, 2009
- Indian Air Force plane missing, presumed crashed in Arunachal - Jun 10, 2009
- Arunachal has witnessed several air crashes - May 01, 2011
- IAF transport plane feared to have crashed (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Wreckage of missing IAF aircraft found in Arunachal Pradesh - Jun 10, 2009
- IAF transport plane missing, crash feared (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 10, 2009
- Search on for missing IAF cargo plane (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- 13 bodies, IAF aircraft's wreakage located (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- ISRO images throw up clues to missing chopper (Third Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Sukhois detected an aircraft-like something in Bhutan: IAF - May 02, 2011
- IAF aircraft's wreckage with 13 bodies located (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- India re-activating air strip in Arunachal - Nov 17, 2011
- Search on to locate missing IAF transport plane - Jun 10, 2009
- Arunachal MP puts Pawan Hans in dock, blames poor upkeep for crash - Apr 21, 2011
- 12 defence personnel killed as IAF chopper crashes in Arunachal (Lead, changing dateline) - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: air force plane, arunachal pradesh, assam, authorities, civilians, debris, dibrugarh, helicopters, jorhat, plane crashes, sahu, shillong, spokesman, tragic incident, transport plane, wing commander