AIADMK releases candidates list for LS electionsApril 9th, 2009 - 2:04 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Apr 9 (ANI): The All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) on Thursday released the list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections.
Former Union Minister M Thambidurai will contest from Karur, while former state Ministers Semmalai is being field from Salem, M C Sampath from Cuddalore, Raja Kannappan from Shivaganga and V Satyamurthy from Ramanathapuram.
Two women candidates are former Vice-Chancellor of Manonmaniam University Sinthyapandiyan from Tuticorin.
The AIADMK will contest 23 seats from Tamil Nadu, leaving six to allies Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK), four to Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) and three each to CPI and Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI (M)).
Jayalalithaa will launch poll campaign for her party on April 16.
Tamil Nadu will go to polls on May 13. (ANI)
- AIADMK releases list of 160 candidates for TN polls - Mar 21, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to visit poll-bound Tamil Nadu, Puducherry - Apr 04, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: AIADMK finalises agreement with CPI (M) - Mar 19, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
- Vaiko quits AIADMK alliance over seat sharing disagreement - Mar 20, 2011
- Final tally for Tamil Nadu elections - May 14, 2011
- Vaiko slams Congress for links with DMK despite corruption charges. - Feb 24, 2011
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to address election rally in Puducherry - Apr 05, 2011
- AIADMK wins Pudukottai by-election in Tamil Nadu - Jun 15, 2012
- AIADMK alliance committed to overthrow Congress-DMK compile in assembly polls: Vaiko - Jan 01, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Raja's brother arrested for 'bribing' voters - Apr 11, 2011
- TN polls: EC issues notice to Jayalalithaa, Vijayakanth - Apr 07, 2011
- AIADMK, CPI-M in talks on seat sharing - Feb 19, 2011
- PMK to be part of the DMK-Congress alliance in Tamil Nadu: - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: aiadmk, allies, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, dravida munnetra kazhagam, jayalalithaa, karur, lok sabha elections, mdmk, poll campaign, polls, raja kannappan, ramanathapuram, sampath, state ministers, two women, union minister, vice chancellor