AIADMK legislator suspended for ‘bringing disrepute’ to Tamil Nadu AssemblyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:31 am ICT by admin
A resolution to this effect was unanimously passed by the House in which members of all parties, except AIADMK, MDMK and DMDK, were present.
During the suspension period, Bose will not get any privileges, including the salary, accorded to an MLA.
Anbazhagan said the AIADMK MLA snatched a cap from a watch and ward staff and hurled it at the Speaker R Avudaiappan, lowering the dignity of the chair and the house.
He said the punishment was being meted out to “establish sovereignty of the assembly”.
Though all members wanted maximum punishment of disqualifying the MLA, the minimum punishment was awarded following Chief Minister M Karunanidhi’s request, he said.
Uproarious scenes were witnessed in the house on Thursday when AIADMK members made a vociferous protest against the privilege issue raised against the party supremo Jayalalithaa by Local Administration Minister M K Stalin.
The house had also passed a resolution suspending all AIADMK MLAs for the rest of the current session. (ANI)
- Jayalalithaa regrets aligning with DMDK for assembly polls - Feb 01, 2012
- Opposition legislators evicted from Tamil Nadu assembly (Lead) - Apr 27, 2010
- Nine AIADMK legislators suspended from assembly - Jan 10, 2011
- Jayalalithaa, DMDK trade barbs (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Vijayakant suspended from Tamil Nadu assembly (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- AIADMK members in Tamil Nadu assembly suspended till Friday - Apr 07, 2010
- Tripura budget presented amid bedlam - Jun 11, 2010
- Speaker allows AIADMK lawmakers to attend house Friday - Apr 08, 2010
- Tamil Nadu leader of opposition suspended - Feb 02, 2012
- Odisha assembly adjourned twice after pandemonium - Dec 12, 2011
- Chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly, Left members evicted - Jul 20, 2009
- Opposition legislators evicted from Tamil Nadu assembly - Apr 27, 2010
- Five Andhra legislators suspended for ruckus in assembly (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- AIADMK government to present its first budget Thursday - Aug 04, 2011
- Shoe-hurling mars Rajasthan assembly proceedings - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: aiadmk, bose, chief minister, constituency, dignity, karunanidhi, legislator, local administration, maximum punishment, meted, mla, privilege issue, sovereignty, stalin, suspension period, tamil nadu, unanimously, vociferous, ward staff