Ahmedabad court extends police remand of Mayaben Kodnani, Jaideep Patel till April 4April 1st, 2009 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Apr 1 (ANI): A local court here on Wednesday extended the police custody of former Gujarat Minister of State for Women’s Welfare, Mayaben Kodnani, and Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader, Jaideep Patel, till April 4.
Metropolitan Magistrate G M Patel extended their police custody after the Special Investigation Team (SIT), appointed by the Supreme Court to probe some of the riot cases afresh, asked for further remand.
On March 29, Kodnani and Patel were remanded in four-day police custody in connection with the 2002 post-Godhra riots case.
Kodnani and Patel’s anticipatory bail was cancelled by Gujarat High Court, after which they had surrendered before the SIT.Kodnani, who was Minister of State for Women and Child Welfare and Higher Education in the Narendra Modi Government, had resigned from her post shortly after the High Court order.
Kodnani, a three-time MLA from the Naroda constituency, is an accused in the Naroda Gam and Naroda Patiya massacre cases in which around 95 people were killed in the communal violence of 2002. (ANI)
- Mayaben Kodnani's police custody ends today - Apr 01, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009
- Maya Kodnani sent to judicial custody - Apr 09, 2009
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- Government cannot be linked to 2002 massacre: Gujarat - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat minister accused in Naroda Gam riots gets bail (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Gujarat Minister Mayaben Kodnani surrenders - Mar 27, 2009
- Bajrangi said he felt like Rana Pratap after Naroda killings - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat Minister resigns as HC cancels her bail in 2002 riot case - Mar 27, 2009
Tags: april 4, communal violence, constituency, gam, gujarat high court, gujarat minister, higher education, investigation team, jaideep, local court, magistrate, minister of state, mla, narendra modi, police custody, police remand, riot, riots, vishwa hindu parishad, women and child welfare