Ahmedabad blasts accused brought to DelhiSeptember 18th, 2008 - 2:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 18 (ANI): Ahmedabad blasts mastermind Mufti Abu Bhashir has been brought to Delhi for questioning in connection with the serial blasts in the national Capital.
The interrogation report of Bashir, a cleric from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, had revealed that he stayed in Delhi between July 24 and 27 at two different places.
His brother Abu Zar was working as a parking attendant in Old Delhi while two of his other contacts Danish and Aftab were staying in South Delhi.
On Tuesday, Delhi Police released five sketches of three persons suspected to have planted the bombs in the national capital on Saturday.
One of the sketches was that of the person who allegedly planted the bomb in Ghaffar market in Karol Bagh, while two sketches each were of the two men who placed the bombs near a building in Barakhamba road.
The sketches were prepared with the help of at least five eye witnesses, who claimed to have seen the planting of bombs in Ghaffar market and Barakhamba Road.
Five bombs exploded in quick succession in crowded markets and busy streets in Delhi on Saturday, killing 20 and injuring at least 90.
Two bombs went off in dustbins in and around Connaught Place, a shopping and dining area popular with tourists and locals in the city centre but the maximum causalities were caused by a bomb placed in an auto-rickshaw in the crowded Ghaffar market. The bombs exploded within minutes of each other.
Jaipur, Ahmadabad and Bengaluru were hit by serial blasts in recent months killing and injuring hundreds of people.
An outfit “Indian Mujahideen” has claimed responsibility for the blasts but authorities suspect it to be an offshoot of the SIMI. (ANI)
- Shivraj Patil reviews Delhi security after blasts - Sep 19, 2008
- Delhi blast suspect, associate killed in police encounter - Sep 19, 2008
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Now, ID proof must to buy bicycles in Jaipur - Aug 03, 2012
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Police releases sketches of Delhi blasts suspects - Sep 16, 2008
- Pune blasts: Rs.30 crore granted for installing CCTVs - Aug 05, 2012
- Pune blasts: Sketches of suspects prepared, four detainees freed - Aug 03, 2012
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- Delhi blast: Suspects' sketches released - Sep 07, 2011
- Shiv Sena activists stage protest against New Delhi serial blasts - Sep 15, 2008
- Union Cabinet to take up terror attacks issue - Sep 17, 2008
- Dadwal denies reports of Abu Bashirs help in todays encounter - Sep 19, 2008
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- 10 die in Pakistan bombing - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: abu zar, aftab, ahmadabad, auto rickshaw, azamgarh, bashir, connaught place, delhi police, dustbins, eye witnesses, interrogation report, karol bagh, mujahideen, offshoot, old delhi, parking attendant, south delhi, three persons, two different places, two sketches