Agriculture Leadership Awards announcedSeptember 12th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 12 (ANI): The names for the National Agriculture Leadership Awards have been announced for this year by the National Committee which functions under the Chairmanship of Haryana Governor A. R. Kidwai.
The Life Time Achievement Award for this year went to three outstanding personalities for having served the Indian agriculture system for over four decades each, which positively impacted the growth in India’’s farm sector, created newer opportunities and contributed to overall rural prosperity. They are Dr. V. Kurien, Dr. K.L. Chadda, and Dr. R.S. Paroda.
Dr. V. Kurien, who is known as the pioneer of the White Revolution in the country and the architect of Operation Flood, for organizing milk producers under cooperative system and later created National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), which helped milk farmers substantially.
Dr. K.L. Chadha is known as the Pioneer of Golden Revolution in India, who provided leadership to horticulture development in India through shaping policies, building institutions, disseminating knowledge and energising the system for employment and entrepreneurship opportunities in horticulture sector, which benefited millions of farmers in the country.
Dr. R.S. Paroda is known for his transformational role in Indian agriculture system, having headed Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) as its DG, which witnessed rapid growth in farm sector, building of agriculture institutions of international repute and forging international cooperation.
A scientist par excellence and an outstanding administrator, he also played global roles in Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) systems, which helped farmers and agriculture around the world.
The Agriculture Leadership Awards have been instituted by Agriculture Today, the national agriculture magazine, published by Centre for Agriculture and Rural Development from New Delhi.
Andhra Pradesh has been selected for Leadership Award as the best performing State in agriculture by the Agriculture Leadership Awards Committee.
The award ceremony will be held on September 19 at the Taj Palace, New Delhi, as part of the Agriculture Leadership Summit, which is being organised under the chairmanship of eminent agricultural scientist M.S. Swaminathan. (ANI)
- Verghese Kurien: rare visionary and astute manager (Tribute) - Sep 10, 2012
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- Innovations needed for sustainable farming, say experts - Jun 02, 2012
- PM, Sonia, Advani pay tributes to Kurien (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Kurien an icon of dairy movement: PM - Sep 09, 2012
- Bihar leaders demand Bharat Ratna for Verghese Kurien - Sep 11, 2012
- Haryana to set up farmers' commission - Jul 15, 2010
- Father of White Revolution Verghese Kurien is dead (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Seeking second Green Revolution, Bihar turns to organic farming (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Seeking second Green Revolution, Bihar turns to organic farming - Jun 21, 2011
- Increasing farm productivity key to food security: Thomas - Sep 15, 2011
- Need to integrate agriculture with other sectors: President - Nov 09, 2011
- Maharashtra welcomes lifting of ban on milk powder exports - Jun 02, 2012
- Haryana to soon have agriculture policy: Hooda - Feb 06, 2011
- New institute to usher second green revolution: PM - Aug 15, 2010
Tags: agriculture leadership, agriculture magazine, agriculture system, chadda, dairy development, food and agriculture organization, forging international cooperation, indian agriculture, indian council of agricultural research, international agricultural research, international repute, kurien, leadership awards, life time achievement, life time achievement award, milk producers, national agriculture, national dairy development board, nddb, operation flood