Agnivesh terms CD controversy a conspiracy against Hazare’s movementApril 21st, 2011 - 3:33 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 21 (ANI): Expressing surprise over conflicting forensic reports on the CD allegedly containing a conversation between former law minister Shanti Bhushan and Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, social activist Swami Agnivesh on Thursday said it is a conspiracy against the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare.
“It is surprising that CFSL report claims the CD is not doctored. American experts have confirmed tampering, so CFSL report cannot be trusted fully,” The Hindu quoted Agnivesh, as saying.
“It is a conspiracy against the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare. There should be an investigation as to how this CD of 2006 came out suddenly and who is responsible for it,” he added, while countering the demands made by former Samajwadi Party MP Amar Singh.
Stepping up his attack against the Bhushans, Amar Singh today demanded the resignation of father-son duo Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan from the Lokpal Bill drafting committee
“At least on moral grounds Bhushans should quit the panel (drafting committee) and Anna Hazare should replace them with someone more credible,” Singh told reporters.
Earlier, Singh rebutted Bhushans’ charge that they had never interacted with him.
“Shanti Bhushan claimed that he never spoke with Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh. But the fact is that he appeared for us in a case pertaining to disqualification of some MLAs who had crossed over to Samajwadi Party.
He said Bhushan appeared once in the Allahabad High Court on February 28, 2006. In fact, he flew to Lucknow in a chartered plane arranged by me.
The report about a CD that allegedly has Shanti Bhushan stating that a judge can be bribed for four crores was submitted to the Delhi Police today.
The Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) has concluded the recording and reportedly stated that the CD was authentic, clear and continuous.
“The signed report clearly says there is no tampering, splicing or interpolation and (the tape) is in continuity,” Times Now quoted an official, as saying.
It, however, remains a mystery as to who circulated the CD. (ANI)
- Shanti Bhushan-Amar Singh CD not doctored: Police - Aug 30, 2011
- Bhushan CD not tampered with: Sources - Apr 21, 2011
- Graft shadow over Lokpal panel; Civil society backs Bhushans (Intro Roundup) - Apr 22, 2011
- PM firm on Lokpal bill as Bhushans fight more taint (Evening Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Amar Singh dares Bhushans over controversial CD - Apr 18, 2011
- Lokpal panelists reject resignation demand; PM says bill in July (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2011
- Bhushan accuses PMO of thwarting Jan Lokpal bill - Dec 05, 2011
- Amar Singh hits out at Bhushans - Apr 20, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan CD row: Court pulls up police for laxity - Dec 13, 2011
- Controversy casts shadow on first Lokpal panel meet - Apr 16, 2011
- None of us are going to resign: Arvind Kejriwal (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- CD controversy rages, Bhushans to move apex court (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Government hand in wrong CD report: Prashant Bhushan - May 05, 2011
- Bhushans should resign from Lokpal panel: Amar Singh (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- 'Initial' reports say Bhushan CD not tampered: Delhi Police (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: allahabad high court, amar singh, american experts, anna hazare, bhushan, cfsl, chartered plane, crores, delhi police, drafting committee, forensic reports, forensic science laboratory, law minister, mlas, moral grounds, mulayam singh yadav, resignation, Samajwadi Party, shanti, swami