Agni-II plus missile test failsDecember 10th, 2010 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneswar, Dec 10 (ANI): The experimental Launch of Agni-2-P Missile experienced a trajectory deviation immediately after the lift-off from the Wheeler island, off the coast of Orissa this morning, leading to the failure of the mission.
A press release said: “Experimental launch of Agni-2-P Missile experienced a trajectory deviation. Detailed analysis is in progress.”
“Many new technologies like Composite Rocket Motor, indigenous Ring Laser Gyro based Navigation System, Road Mobile Launch were being tested in this Mission. Many of these new technologies have been proved,” it added.
The Agni-II Plus, a modified version of Agni-II, is an intermediary between Agni-II and Agni-III. It has two stages and both are powered by solid propellants.
Today’s failure comes in the wake of a similar failure of Prithvi-II missile on September 24 that dropped off just a few seconds after the launch.
The failure comes 10 days after the successful flight of surface-to-surface missile Agni-1 on November 25. (ANI)
- India's Agni-II-plus missile test fails (Lead) - Dec 10, 2010
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni II - Sep 30, 2011
- N-capable missiles in India's arsenal [To go with India test-fires 5,000 km Agni-V missile, China cautious (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2012
- India tests Agni-III missile (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- India tests Agni-III missile (Second Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- India tests nuclear capable Agni-II plus missile - Dec 10, 2010
- India tests Agni-IV missile with high accuracy - Nov 15, 2011
- Prithvi-II, Dhanush missiles test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
- India tests n-capable Agni II missile (Third Lead) - May 17, 2010
- India tests Agni-III - Sep 21, 2012
- Agni-V, Risat launches UPA achievements: PM (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India twice successfully tests n-capable Prithvi-II missile (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- India tests Agni-IV n-missile over full range (Third Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- 'Rocket Woman' propels India's missile mission - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: agni 2, agni ii, agni iii, bhubaneswar, failure, launch, missile test, modified version, navigation system, orissa, Press Release, ring laser gyro, rocket motor, surface to surface missile, trajectory, wheeler island