Agni-I missile test-fired off Orissa coastNovember 25th, 2010 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneswar, Nov 25 (ANI): India on Thursday test-fired its nuclear-capable Agni-I strategic ballistic missile from the Integrated Test Range on Wheeler Island off the Orissa coast.
The indigenously developed surface-to-surface single-stage missile was test fired from a rail mobile launcher from Launch Pad-4 of the ITR, 100 kms off the Orissa coast.
The missile has a highly specialised navigation system which ensures it reaches the target with a high degree of accuracy, he said.
The entire trajectory of the missile, which has an operational striking range of 700 km, was tracked by sophisticated radars and electro-optic telemetry stations.
Weighing 12 tonnes, the 15-metre-long Agni-1, which can carry payloads up to 1000 kg, has already been inducted into the Indian Army.
Agni-1 was developed by advanced systems laboratory (ASL), the premier missile development laboratory of Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) in collaboration with Defence Research Development Laboratory (DRDL) and Research Centre Imarat (RCI).
It is integrated by Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) Hyderabad. (ANI)
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Prithvi-II, Dhanush missiles test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni-I missile (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- India test-fires n-capable 'Shourya' missile - Sep 24, 2011
- Agni-II test fired successfully - May 17, 2010
- Prithvi-II ballistic missile successfully test-fired - Dec 22, 2010
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India tests Agni-IV n-missile over full range (Third Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- India test fires n-capable Prithvi-II missile - Sep 26, 2011
- India tests n-capable Agni I missile (Lead) - Mar 28, 2010
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi II missile - Jun 09, 2011
- India successfully test-fires n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India twice successfully tests n-capable Prithvi-II missile (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- India sucessfully tests nuclear-capable Agni-I missile - Nov 25, 2010
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni II - Sep 30, 2011
Tags: ballistic missile, bhubaneswar, defence research, development laboratory, development organisation, drdl, drdo, imarat, indian army, launch pad, missile development, missile test, mobile launcher, orissa coast, sophisticated radars, striking range, systems laboratory, target, test range, wheeler island