Afzal Guru should ‘pay price’, says FarooqFebruary 26th, 2012 - 1:05 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, Feb 25 (IANS) Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru should “pay the price” for attacking India, union New and Renewable Energy Minister and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah said Saturday.
“Anyone who attacks India should pay the price for it,” Farooq Abdullah, president of the state’s ruling National Conference (NC), said in reply to a reporter’s question on Afzal Guru.
However, even as the elder Abdullah indicated strong action against Afzal Guru his son and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah favours clemency for Guru, as he believes Guru’s hanging may once again revive militancy at a time when it is down.
Convicted of conspiracy in the December 2001 parliament attack, Afzal was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court in 2004. His mercy petition is pending before the president.
- Farooq supports Omar's remark on Afzal Guru - Sep 02, 2011
- Omar fears rise in militancy if Afzal is hanged - Sep 28, 2011
- Kashmir legislator seeks clemency for Afzal Guru - Sep 01, 2011
- Omar mocks at BJP for clemency for Bhullar - Sep 01, 2011
- NC in dilemma over Afzal Guru clemency resolution - Sep 19, 2011
- Afzal Guru's hanging will re-kindle militancy: Yasin Malik - Sep 29, 2011
- Omar says he has apprehensions over Guru's execution - Aug 18, 2011
- National Conference meet inconclusive as both Abdullahs absent - Sep 25, 2011
- Legislators to decide party stand on Guru: Omar - Sep 04, 2011
- Probe Sushma's links to Reddy brothers: Digvijay - Sep 05, 2011
- BJP slams Omar for Afzal tweet, Congress silent - Aug 31, 2011
- Kashmir assembly to take up Afzal mercy plea Sep 28 - Sep 17, 2011
- Omar disagrees with army over Kashmir situation perception - Jul 19, 2012
- BJP to protest if Afzal Guru not hanged - Sep 07, 2011
- What if we had passed resolution on Guru, asks Omar - Aug 31, 2011