‘Afraid Pak moved 75 percent of its air force to LOC after Mumbai attacks’May 31st, 2009 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
By Praful Kumar Singh
New Delhi, May 31 (ANI): Pakistan wary of Indian Air Force’s capability moved 75 percent of its air force to the Line of Control (LOC) between India and Pakistan after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Air Marshal PK Barbora said this while handing over the command of the largest operational command of the Indian Air Force, which is the fourth largest Air Force in the world. He is slated to take over as the Vice Chief of Air Staff on June 1, 2009.
“Pakistan had mobilised 75 percent of its air force against us after 26/11. Maybe because they were afraid of us,” Western Air Command (WAC) chief Air Marshall P.K. Barbora told reporters at the WAC headquarters here.
He said during his tenure focus was on sharpening the operational potential of the command.
Air Marshal Barbora said he had many achievements boast of such as reactivation of Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs), increased night operations of transport and fighter jets from Udhampur, increased interaction with affiliated Army Commands of North, Western and South Western Army and achievement of zero flying accident rate for the year 2008-09.
Air Marshal Barbora had held the command of Eastern Air Command at Shillong before assuming charge as Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Western Air Command on January 1, 2008. (ANI)
- 'Post 26/11, Pakistan moved 75 percent of air force to LoC' (Lead) - May 31, 2009
- India quietly activates airstrip near Chinese border - Apr 27, 2011
- WAC commanders meet to plan rapid inductions - Jul 07, 2011
- 'Pakistan moved 75 percent of air force to LoC after 26/11' - May 31, 2009
- Ace fighter pilot Browne is new IAF vice chief (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- India re-activating air strip in Arunachal - Nov 17, 2011
- Key Indian Army, IAF commanders meet; talk synergy - Jul 16, 2012
- IAF undergoing a major modernization process: Western Air Command chief - Nov 22, 2010
- IAF undergoing a major modernization process: Air Chief - Nov 22, 2010
- Reactivated airfield in Arunachal strategic: IAF chief - Nov 18, 2011
- Top Air Force Commanders review 'Aerospace Security' - Nov 11, 2010
- Conference of IAF's Western command top brass starts - Nov 24, 2008
- Air Marshal Kumaria to be new Western Command chief - Dec 31, 2010
- Army chief reviews Kashmir border security - Feb 09, 2012
- 'Enhancing combat potential of Western Air Command priority' - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: accident rate, air marshal, air marshall, air staff, army commands, barbora, fighter jets, india and pakistan, indian air force, january 1, New Delhi, night operations, operational command, pk, reactivation, shillong, terror attacks, vice chief, wac, western army