Aero model show marks 106th birth anniversary of JRD TataJuly 30th, 2010 - 2:10 pm ICT by ANI
By Anup Sinha
Jamshedpur, July 30 (ANI): The 106th birth anniversary of JRD Tata, the pioneer Indian aviator was observed with an impressive aero modelling display and static aircraft show at Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
A dozen aircraft were showcased yesterday in the static display in which nine were biplanes and three were helicopters.
However, the prime attraction was display of various aero models by members of the aero modelling club functioning at Jamshedpur.
“Earlier, we used to host static display of aircraft but this year along with the larger planes, we have also organised a live demonstration by the members of the aero modelling club,” said Dipankar Sen, organiser of the Air Show.
The crowd was delighted by the spectacular feat performed by the aircraft and enjoyed every bit of the show.
“In Jamshedpur airport there are so many planes in which planes of Tata Steel are stationed. We have Pilatus aircraft and King Air plane and helicopters. There are many planes of flying clubs in which they have Cessna 152 and Cessna 172,” said R. Prasad, Manager, Jamshedpur airport.
The aero-modellers creations zoomed in the sky at an altitude of 30 to 100 metres with speeds ranging from 30 to 80 kmph.
JRD Tata was the first Indian to have flown from Karachi to Bombay and he also founded the Tata Airlines in 1932, the forerunner of Air India, which became the national airliner.
The nation honoured JRD Tata with numerous commendations including the nation’s highest civilian award - Bharat Ratna.
The Indian Air Force conferred the rank of Air Commodore on JRD Tata and later promoted him to the rank of Air Vice Marshal. (ANI)
- Indian deal hot topic at record breaking AeroIndia - Feb 11, 2011
- Book catches fascinating flight of Indian aviation - Mar 15, 2012
- Ratan Tata to fly F/A-18 Super Hornet at Aero India - Feb 10, 2011
- Lockheed denies media reports, says F-22 not joining final day of Aero India 2011 - Feb 11, 2011
- Ajit Singh to open India Aviation show Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- Antony opens Asia's biggest air show in Bangalore - Feb 09, 2011
- Dazzling fly-past, daring aerobatics mark Aero India launch (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- IAF officer to be court-martialled for bribery - Apr 07, 2011
- Aero India-2011 creates history as largest ever - Feb 09, 2011
- AeroIndia show to be the largest ever - Feb 01, 2011
- South Asia's largest aero show takes off Wednesday - Feb 08, 2011
- Chinese plane flies from Japan without permission - Nov 30, 2011
- Dreamliner, Sukhoi Superjet to be showcased at India Aviation - Mar 10, 2012
- Malaysian air force pilot dies in crash - Mar 25, 2010
- Aero India 2011: Global defence majors eyeing big deals from Indian armed forces - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: aero models, air commodore, air vice marshal, aircraft show, bharat ratna, birth anniversary, cessna 152, cessna 172, dipankar, flying clubs, indian air force, jamshedpur, jrd tata, kmph, model show, prime attraction, r prasad, static aircraft, tata airlines, tata steel