Advani to file nomination from Gandhinagar todayApril 8th, 2009 - 12:03 pm ICT by ANI
Gandhinagar, Apr 8 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate L K Advani will file his nomination papers from Gandhinagar constituency today.
According to sources, Advani will be accompanied by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Advani will be seeking a fifth term from Gandhinagar after his victory from this constituency in 1991, 1998, 1999 and 2004.
His main rivals are Congress nominee Suresh Patel and noted danseuse Mallika Sarabhai, who is making her electoral debut as an independent. Patel is Congress MLA from Kalol for the second time.
The Gujarat police has already made tight security arrangements in view of Advani’s visit.
The collectorate’s office has been turned into a virtual fortress in preparation for Advani’s nomination filing.
Intelligence agencies have warned of increased threats to Advani. (ANI)
- Advani files nomination from Gandhinagar - Apr 08, 2009
- Advani casts his vote in Gandhinagar - Apr 30, 2009
- Advani calls 'Third Front' a fallacy, 'Fourth Front' a fantasy - Apr 10, 2009
- Advani faces little resistance in Gandhinagar - Apr 29, 2009
- Mallika Sarabhai files nomination from Gandhinagar - Apr 02, 2009
- Congress to field Suresh Patel against Advani - Mar 31, 2009
- BJP adds to Gujarat tally, key Congress candidates lose (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- After much thought, Congress picks Suresh Patel to take on Advani - Apr 03, 2009
- Modi spends more time in Advani's constituency - Apr 03, 2009
- BJP improves Gujarat tally, key Congress candidates lose (Third Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Sarabhai asks Hazare to retract Modi praise - Apr 11, 2011
- Modi's fast: BJP top brass to attend; Modi condemns communalism - Sep 17, 2011
- Advani declares assets worth Rs.3.55 crore, has no vehicle - Apr 08, 2009
- Discord on Day 2: Protesters detained as Modi fasts - Sep 18, 2011
- Congress's Gandhinagar win a dent in Modi's invincibility? (Gujarat Newsletter) - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, chief minister, congress mla, constituency, debut, gujarat police, intelligence agencies, l k advani, narendra modi, nomination papers, prime ministerial candidate, rivals, sarabhai, second time, security arrangements, tight security, victory, virtual fortress