Advani to discuss security with NDA chief ministers (Lead)January 4th, 2009 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate L.K. Advani will Monday evening hold a meeting with all chief ministers from his party and its partners in the National Democratic Alliance to discuss issues of internal security, a party official said.The alleged neglect of the NDA-ruled states by the central government would also figure at the meeting, he said.
The meeting, followed by dinner, will be held a day ahead of a conference of all chief ministers convened by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on internal security.
“The issues of internal security, national security and terrorism would be discussed at the meeting. We will also discuss the neglect of the NDA-ruled states by the Congress-led government at the centre,” BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told IANS.
Strategies for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections are also on the agenda, he said.
“The prime agenda of our meeting is terrorism and the failure of the government to prevent frequent attacks on the country,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told IANS.
The chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand, ruled by the BJP, and Orissa (ruled by the Biju Janata Dal), Punjab (Shiromani Akali Dal) and Bihar (Janata Dal-United) are expected to attend the meeting.
- NDA defers decision on presidential polls (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Akali Dal to go with NDA on presidential poll - Jun 12, 2012
- Advani to meet NDA chief ministers - Jan 04, 2009
- BJP core group to meet today, allies divided over presidency (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- BJP leaders meet on economic downturn (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- National Democratic Alliance to hold massive rally in Delhi - Dec 22, 2010
- Crucial NCTC meet begins in Delhi - May 05, 2012
- Divided BJP discusses option of backing Sangma - Jun 17, 2012
- Corruption, BSP 'misrule' main issues at BJP meet - Jun 02, 2011
- PM making excuses for governance deficit, says BJP (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Trinamool Congress joins opposition against communal violence bill (Roundup) - Sep 10, 2011
- Opposition wants CBI under Lokpal - Dec 14, 2011
- Trinamool too opposes communal violence bill draft - Sep 10, 2011
- Trinamool, NDA oppose communal violence bill (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, chief ministers, himachal pradesh, l k advani, lok sabha elections, manmohan singh, national democratic alliance, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prime ministerial candidate