Advani promises religious tours if voted to powerApril 1st, 2009 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
Sonepur (Orissa)/ Gaya/Sholapur (Maharashtra), Apr 1 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Lal Krishna Advani has promised religious tours for people if voted to power.
“If BJP gets an opportunity to form the Central Government, our department of tourism will have a special section that will specialise in religious tourism,” Advani said at an election meeting at Sonepur in Orissa.
BJP has in the past opposed grant of subsidy by the Central Government to Muslim Haj pilgrims and if not, then the government should extend similar subsidies to Hindu pilgrims to Mansarovar in Tibet and other domestic pilgrimages.
Meanwhile, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad, took pot shots at Advani, saying he is not destined to become a Prime Minister.
“The NDA is in a bad shape throughout the country. With things that Advani has done like demolishing the Babri mosque and causing the Godhra riots, Prime Ministership is not in his destiny,” Lalu Prasad said at an election rally in Gaya.
In Maharashtra, NCP chief Sharad Pawar and Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde filed nominations yesterday for the upcoming general polls.
While Pawar filed his nomination for the reconstituted Madha constituency, Shinde entered the fray from Sholapur. (ANI)
- 125,000 pilgrims to be covered under Haj subsidy - Jul 20, 2012
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar's Raghopur seat - Oct 09, 2010
- Ansari files nomination for vice presidential contest - Jul 18, 2012
- Pranab files nomination for presidential election - Jun 28, 2012
- Rabri Devi files papers for Raghopur, Sonepur seats (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- PM's post should not become fiefdom of a family : Advani - Jun 26, 2011
- Apex court seeks details of Haj quota - May 08, 2012
- Apex court observations on Haj subsidy - May 08, 2012
- Apex court observations on Haj subsidy (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 09, 2012
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- Lalu dares Nitish, Modi to contest against Rabri - Oct 05, 2010
- Rabri Devi trails in Raghopur, Sonepur (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Race for Raisina Hill on, Pranab, Sangma file nominations (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Political parties rally behind Pawar - Nov 24, 2011
- Three Indian Haj pilgrims die - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: babri mosque, bad shape, bharatiya janata party, department of tourism, election rally, godhra riots, haj pilgrims, hindu pilgrims, lal krishna advani, lalu prasad, pilgrimages, pot shots, power minister, prime ministerial candidate, prime ministership, religious tourism, religious tours, sharad pawar, sholapur, sushil kumar