Advani offers prayer at Sai Baba temple in MaharashtraApril 5th, 2009 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
Shirdi (Maharashtra), Apr 5 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Lal Krishna Advani on Sunday visited Sai Baba temple at Shirdi in Maharashtra.
Advani offered prayers at the temple for the party’s victory in upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The BJP leader said his party has always been a crusader for the overall development of the country.
“Since 1997 when India completed its 50 years of independence, we have made our mission as good governance, honest governance, development and security. These are the three planks that we have consistently promoted in the past several elections including this election,” Advani told reporters after offering prayers at Sai Baba temple.
He further said that his party was not fighting on any single issue, but on several collective topics of national interest.
“We are not fighting on a lone issue. But we are emphasising on the overall development of the nation. The main focus of the government should be development and security of the nation,” Advani added.
General elections are scheduled to be held between April 16 and May 13, in which 714 million people will cast their votes. (ANI)
- Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Mumbai - Dec 14, 2011
- Satya Sai Baba laid to rest in Puttaparthi - Apr 27, 2011
- Animated film on Shirdi Sai Baba to spread love, brotherhood - Oct 17, 2011
- In Goa, it's time to sponsor pilgrimages - Jan 18, 2012
- Sai Baba devotees celebrate Avataar declaration day - Oct 20, 2011
- Shirdi trust moots action against 'duplicate' Sai temples - Nov 11, 2010
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
- Saibaba Temple gets diamonds worth Rs.1.18 crore - Aug 01, 2012
- Hazare starts Maharashtra tour from Shirdi (With Image) - May 02, 2012
- With Sai Baba gone, Puttaparthy faces uncertainty - Apr 28, 2011
- Advani kicks off BJP's UP poll campaign with Ram temple - Feb 05, 2012
- Shirdi temple gets new trustees (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sathya Sai Baba passes away, millions in grief (Intro Roundup) - Apr 25, 2011
- Shirdi temple trust to honour Tendulkar - Apr 04, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba passes away, leaving millions to grieve (Roundup) - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, crusader, general elections, good governance, India, krishna, lal krishna advani, lok sabha elections, national interest, planks, prayer, prayers, prime ministerial candidate, victory