Advani files nomination from GandhinagarApril 8th, 2009 - 2:51 pm ICT by ANI
Gandhinagar, Apr 8 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate L K Advani filed his nomination papers from Gandhinagar constituency today.
Advani was accompanied by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Advani will be seeking a fifth term from Gandhinagar after his victory from this constituency in 1991, 1998, 1999 and 2004.
His main rivals are Congress nominee Suresh Patel and noted danseuse Mallika Sarabhai, who is making her electoral debut as an independent.
Patel is Congress MLA from Kalol for the second time.
The Parliamentary constituency would go to polls on April 30. (ANI)
- Advani to file nomination from Gandhinagar today - Apr 08, 2009
- Advani casts his vote in Gandhinagar - Apr 30, 2009
- Advani calls 'Third Front' a fallacy, 'Fourth Front' a fantasy - Apr 10, 2009
- Advani faces little resistance in Gandhinagar - Apr 29, 2009
- Congress to field Suresh Patel against Advani - Mar 31, 2009
- BJP adds to Gujarat tally, key Congress candidates lose (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Modi spends more time in Advani's constituency - Apr 03, 2009
- After much thought, Congress picks Suresh Patel to take on Advani - Apr 03, 2009
- BJP improves Gujarat tally, key Congress candidates lose (Third Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Sarabhai asks Hazare to retract Modi praise - Apr 11, 2011
- Congress's Gandhinagar win a dent in Modi's invincibility? (Gujarat Newsletter) - Apr 22, 2011
- Mallika Sarabhai files nomination from Gandhinagar - Apr 02, 2009
- Modi thanks Hazare for praise, Sarabhai upset (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- Anna Hazare gains support in Gujarat - Apr 06, 2011
- Keshubhai Patel quits BJP, may float new party - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, chief minister, congress mla, debut, gujarat, l k advani, narendra modi, nomination papers, parliamentary constituency, polls, prime ministerial candidate, rivals, sarabhai, second time, victory